stoplight

Guest SantaFeRider

Guest SantaFeRider

no, but some times I end with more holes and less screws...

there are like 20 screws per side and they are not the same length

:angry:

44889084-M.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SantaFeRider

aaah! thank you dlaing... that explains why, when I changed the broken lever, I ended with my b... err... a ball on the floor.

I will pick one of the dead bugs I have splatted on the fairing (too cold to wash the bike) and glue it to the brake lever.

:bike:

Guest SantaFeRider

well guys, thank you all for your more than :2c:

the ball is in place, the stoplight works and I am a happy camper.

great online community!

Guest SantaFeRider

well, I don't know... I went to check the light again and it only intermitently works...

When I assembled the stuff I used a dollop of Vaseline to hold the ball in place, and that might have damaged the micro-switch...

:huh2:

and that might have damaged the micro-switch...

68778[/snapback]

I doubt it.

It was probably intermittantly acting up before, but you may have never noticed... :P

But try spraying the vaseline off with some WD-40.

And checkout this microswitch thread for some options:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4734&hl=

I am still going strong with a non-waterproof switch from RadioShack, since that post and atleast two torrential downfalls in otherwise sunny So-Cal.

Guest SantaFeRider

well, what I see is that my bike does not have the white terminals; the micro switch has been connected to the bike's circuit just by soldering. When I bought the bike last month, it had 1,400 miles on it. Being a 2002 that means that it had been sitting most of its life at the previous owner's garage. When I removed the switch to insert the ball in ints channel, I must have cracked some corroded soldering, or the microswitch's internal contacts are shot due to inactivity.

I will order a good supply from RS Components.

Thank you again guys, your help is invaluable!

Guest ratchethack

To avoid concern about grease contamination of switch contacts on the new switch, may I suggest dielectric grease on the ball - Just enough to keep it from rolling out. ;)

Guest SantaFeRider
To avoid concern about grease contamination of switch contacts on the new switch, may I suggest dielectric grease on the ball - Just enough to keep it from rolling out. ;)

68796[/snapback]

you know... thinking about it, if the OEM Cherry switch is weather proof, a little Vaseline on the ball should not have affected it.

But just in case, I will remove the ball, clean it and the channel, and replace the ball when I have the bike on the service stand, so the ball will remain in the channel without the need of grease.

Guest ratchethack
you know... thinking about it, if the OEM Cherry switch is weather proof, a little Vaseline on the ball should not have affected it.

Yeah, that's right. It's just another thing you can do to shorten the remote possibilities list... :whistle:

Not really any help for your situation.... which you seem to now have well in-hand, but my tail-light socket on my 2002 was miswired(backwards) from the factory.

al

69013[/snapback]

:drink: + :luigi: = :homer: