Pedrosa...

v50man

Is Pedrosa the Spaniard who has been kicking butt on the 250 class?  I've seen a few of the races and been very impressed with the skill all the 250 riders have shown.

69152[/snapback]

That's him. 5'2" that I thought couldn't "muscle" a top-class Moto GP bike.

Again - glad to be wrong. Can't wait for next season -- though I'll miss Max...

That's him.  5'2" that I thought couldn't "muscle" a top-class Moto GP bike.

Again - glad to be wrong.  Can't wait for next season -- though I'll miss Max...

69157[/snapback]

Biaggi may be signing for kawasaki with camel sponsorship (In motorcycle news) :race:

Would Camel sponsor DePuniet and Nakano as well? I think DePuniet is gonna be a big star.

With Max, Shinya and Randy -- with Olivier as a tester/backup -- I really like their chances for a win or two -- maybe more -- next year.

Kawa is very pleased about the financial injection of Camel (13 million Euro) :food:

They do not really like the fact they heve to ride in yellow colour, but for one time it will be not that drama, doesn't it?

Ducati was riding in blue with Xaus...

69198[/snapback]

I have high hopes that Pedrosa will be able to provide some serious competion his first year Moto GP. However, his size could work against him. The big GP bikes are twice as heavy as a 250cc bike. Would also like to see Casey Stoner make some serious inroads too. No shortage of new talent. :race:

Next season promisies many possibilities. I wait.... :food:

From Wikipedia:

Valentino Rossi has had numerous nicknames during his racing career. His first prominent nickname was "Rossifumi." Rossi explained the etymology of this nickname as a reference and tribute to fellow rider Norifumi Abe.

His next nickname appeared some time around his days racing in the 250cc World Championship. The nickname "Valentinik" was a reference to the Italian Donald Duck superhero, "Paperinik."

Since his dominance in 500cc and MotoGP, Rossi has used the nickname "The Doctor." This has been attributed to his "cold and clinical dismantling of his opponents" as well as his cool and calm composure in racing compared to his frenetic days in 125cc and 250cc where his performance was erratic and dangerous, resulting in numerous crashes. There are two theories as to why Rossi is entitled "The Doctor, one is Rossi adopted the nickname upon having earned a degree, which in Italy entitles one to use the title "Doctor". Another, as spoken by Graziano himself, "The Doctor because, I don't think there is a particular reason, but it's beautiful, and is important, The Doctor. And in Italy, The Doctor is a name you give to someone for respect, it's very important, The Doctor... important". These days Rossi rarely crashes and in fact holds the record for the longest streak of consecutive podiums. From September 8 2002 to April 18 2004, he stood on the podium at the end of all 23 races including every race in 2003.

He is famous for using the number 46 only, the racing number of his father, Graziano. Typically, a World Championship winner (and also runner-up and third place) is awarded the #1 sticker for the next season. However in an homage to Barry Sheene (who was the first rider of the modern era to keep the same number), Rossi has stayed with the now-famous #46 throughout his career. He traditionally also incorporates his favorite color (fluorescent yellow) into his leather designs. Rossi wears the #1 reserved for the reigning World Champion on the shoulder of his racing leathers.

Courtesy of our friends at MotoGPnews:

Honda's dwarven 'machine-o-boy' Dani Pedrosa has caused a miniature flamenco by topping the timesheets on the third and some word argue final day of the Sepang test.

Tops. Pedrosa's helped into his leathers.

Testing on the final day was delayed due to a waterlogged circuit possibly caused by Max Biaggi's tears upon learning that he'd have to wait several more hours before Harold Eckl allowed him to join Kawasaki.

However once the track had dried it was Pedrosa who stole the show like the proverbial thieving Argentinean.

"Pedrosa was flying" stated one spectator who should really have been at work "We could hardly see him at all down the main straight…although that was nothing to do with his speed as we could hardly see him when he's stopped right in front of us either."

The 250cc world champion's efforts have once again opened up the annoying debate to whether or not the stunted star is strong enough to handle a powerful MotoGP machine or even a Suzuki for that matter.

Project leader of the 'Pedrosa's too small and weedy' society, that incidentally contains Loris 'Goliath' Capirossi, was still chirpy about his believes despite looking dafter than Gibernau at the end of most races last season.

"He [Pedrosa] weighs the same as six average sized chicken eggs" stated the project's leader "When the going gets tough the scrawny get blown away. I stand by this nonsense."

But whatever Pedrosa is rapidly becoming the Bookmakers favourite to be the lead carcass to take the challenge to Rossi next year.

Currently rumours are rife that HRC developed Pedrosa in a test-tube using DNA from Rossi's hair found in the HRC Prolink toilet cubical after the embarrassing 'Pasta-Gate' scandal. The test-tube theory would in some respects explain Pedrosa's size but sadly little else.

What is true, however, is that Dani seems impervious to the Rossi mind games that so comically cracked Sete Gibernau last season. Scientists believe that his immunity to these cursed words stems from the fact that vocal sound waves often become impossibly distorted when so close to the earth's crust.

Sepang test - day three: