Full fairing on Le Mans

Guest RossGuzzi

Guest RossGuzzi

Hi,

Read this list often as I just may one day try and get myself a V11 Le mans. It occured to me the other day that a MK2 type of lower fairing grafted to V11 Le mans, a la, around the head with a knee pad then flowing down and under the motor like the small belly pans would look real fancy! Anyone tried it/done it? Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Guest RossGuzzi

One advantage of SEMI covering it is the ease of cleaning. I had a Centauro and after a country blast it would take ages getting all the bugs and other animals out of the nooks and crannies. I have an Aprilia SL1000 (Falco) now and after the same sort of ride cleaning time is aprox 1/4 of the time!

Dont get me wrong, I love the big donk, just thinking of the best of both worlds. LM2 wrap around the heads and a belly pan would work for me!

Cheers

Everyone's tastes are certainly different, and that's a good thing :sun:

.... however, for ME, one of the primary aesthetic reasons I like the Guzzi was because it was half/semi faired and the engine was still out-there, exposed, for all to see... like my old FJ-1200.

I grew up with motorcycles having their engines prominently displayed, so that's the "look" I associate with motorcycles. I never have been a fan of fully-faired bikes for that reason. They don't look "mechanical" enough and are too sanitary for my tastes.

But, again, to each their own, and I'd be very interested to see what you come up with.

I know that Carl was looking at a couple different faired options for his Franken-V11, but don't know where that finally went.

Al

That is what I have always liked about the LM2 set-up.

Doesn't cover too much but gives enough for weather protection for the rider.

( They must be about half the weight of the original lowers by now, with all the Dremel work I have done. :grin: )

Another thing was, those small aerofoil wedges the lowers have....They work a treat in sidewinds if the speeds are kept high enough. My old S3 was always scary in sidewinds until I got the LM2 fairing on. V11 doesn't seem too bad but I think it will help with this too.

Nige. B)

Guest RossGuzzi

I agree with you AL, in the 30 odd years I have been riding there was never a full fairing! Even the Falco is a bit too covered up. Someone has a site that shows some very tasty New Guzzies that he has photoshoped. Would be cool if someone (more comp lit)than me could do a shot at this! It may just look like crap (the idea) Ya neva know!

Cheers