Dancing dashboard lights

Blackkat

I am guessing that I have ground problem with my dashboard lights because they are working when there not suppose to or not working at all depending on what day of the week it is. Saturday wasn't so good but today it was better.

It started with the neutral light coming on in almost any gear; especially when accelerating. Then the turn signal dash lights were not working; now they are working. The latest is the high beam dash light not working. The neutral light does work(strange) when in neutral. This is my fourth Guzzi so this traveling neutral light is new to me. I have looked at the electric schematic in the owners manual but this being a brand new bike I thought that I would ask first before I started hunting and possibly causing more problems. My other Guzzi's(two-93's and a 81) are less intimidating in terms of removing the gas tank.

Thanks,

Tom

You can find the appropriate schematic, in color and enlarged, at Sportissimo.

It does sound like a ground that's loose and I would yank the tank and examine everyplace that wiring bolts to the frame closely. This includes the regulator mounting bolts.

carl has this memorized better than anyone. And I don't know how similar the electrical and mounting are from Veglia to the later instruments, but . . .

There is a ground wire that attaches to the (dubious) instrument mounting posts. The posts are notorious for loosening up.

Have a look at this thread .

I must say that all the relay upgrade, P.Roper earthing, C.Allison instrument mounting, light relays, horn relays, clean/grease/seal all connections, and terminal junction blocks have given my Sport real electrical reliability.

It sounds like a lot, but done a little at a time over a couple years this has made a remarkable difference in the bike. :luigi::luigi::luigi:

I must say that all the relay upgrade, P.Roper earthing, C.Allison instrument mounting, light relays, horn relays, clean/grease/seal all connections, and terminal junction blocks have given my Sport real electrical reliability.

It sounds like a lot, but done a little at a time over a couple years this has made a remarkable difference in the bike. :luigi:  :luigi:  :luigi:

69667[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd estimate that a good half of all the "accessory" wiring on my bike has been redone by yours truly at some point... horns... lighting... instrument grounding.... :rolleyes:

al

Yeah, I'd estimate that a good half of all the "accessory" wiring on my bike has been redone by yours truly at some point... horns... lighting... instrument grounding....  :rolleyes:

al

69734[/snapback]

That's the ticket! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's purely from the support and insight from the forum members that I was able to take this on successfully. Easy stuff, if a bit tedious. :luigi: