How do I remove the tank pad??

bigbikerrick

Ben, Are you referring to the bolts on the gas cap? Mine is a 2003 sold as a 2003( no front crossover pipe)

70090[/snapback]

No the gas cap area looks fine I'm talking about where the brackets bolt to the tank that whole area is not attractive if you had the means you could probably make something hollow and then bondo the seams and paint the whole tank and make it look like a 2003+ tank since they do not fit early models. :huh2: -Might be something I think about also.

Ben, Are you referring to the bolts on the gas cap? Mine is a 2003 sold as a 2003( no front crossover pipe)

70090[/snapback]

No, I think he's talking about the bolts through the plastic/CF chin-pad alternative like what was found on the Tenni.

The bolts through this cap bolt into the same holes that the bracketry holding the two rubber grommets for the normal pad are bolted into.

And for those looking for a photo, here is one from my "wasted fuel" thread:

tank

It doesn't show the entire cavity where the pad sits, but you get the idea.

al

No, I think he's talking about the bolts through the plastic/CF chin-pad alternative like what was found on the Tenni.

The bolts through this cap bolt into the same holes that the bracketry holding the two rubber grommets for the normal pad are bolted into.

And for those looking for a photo, here is one from my "wasted fuel" thread:

tank

It doesn't show the entire cavity where the pad sits, but you get the idea.

al

70157[/snapback]

Thanks for the info and picture, now I see how this pad fits, as they say ." a picture is worth 1000 words" :)