which years ohlins?

Guest travisunderwood

Guest travisunderwood

I am confused, where any of the V11 Sports stock with ohlins rears? If so which years? I am hopefully picking up a 2001 - has gold chamber but didnt see Ohlins on it so trying to determine if it is sachs or ohlins.

thanks

Nope, the earliest was the Scura in 2002 and many complained about the Ohlins rear shock being too stiff on that model. Should have the Sucks :grin: shock.

Mike

I am confused, where any of the V11 Sports stock with ohlins rears? If so which years? I am hopefully picking up a 2001 - has gold chamber but didnt see Ohlins on it so trying to determine if it is sachs or ohlins.

thanks

70082[/snapback]

thanks

70082[/snapback]

Although noting Mike's response above... it isn't quite as simple as saying "only year/model so-and-so came with an Ohlins" ... because with a used bike, you never know what someone installed aftermarket :huh2:

So that being said, yes, from the factory the 2002 Scura was the first model with the Ohlins rear(and shocks too), but with a used bike you should just look a bit closer. An Ohlins, or other, brand shock should be prominently labelled somewhere on the shock or nitrogen reservoir. Just give it a close look.

al