v11 sport on ebay

Guest citimoto

Guest citimoto

Ok gents I'm in the club. I spoke with Mike at MPH cycles this afternoon and overnighted him a check. Hopefully Forward Air will be timely and this cold spell will break and Ill be riding soon. First Guzzi for me so Im quite excited. Any pearls of wisdom? Mike told me about a good brand of bar end mirrors but i cant remember what he said, any suggestions? Thanks so much for all the input.

All the best

Chris

The bad black engine paint is only on '01-'02 and a few '03 models. The newer models have the black satin finish

Green with red frames are only '99 and '00

71086[/snapback]

My 2001 frame is red. I think the change was for the 2002 models along with the engine paint at the same time. Of course, the 2002 models became available in 2001 just to confuse the issue. Everybody does it except the Russians. They're pretty literal on production dates.

My 2001 frame is red. I think the change was for the 2002 models along with the engine paint at the same time. Of course, the 2002 models became available in 2001 just to confuse the issue. Everybody does it except the Russians. They're pretty literal on production dates.

71252[/snapback]

yeah but you probably have a 2000 frame on a 2001 bike or they stopped halfway through 2001 when they ran out? :lol:

Things are crazy like that they rank most things in half years now my buddy works for Audi and they have a lot of half year models for them and volkswagon :huh2:

If MPH feels good about using Forward Air, then no problem... but just from personal experience shipping my bike from CA to NC a few months ago, Eagle One Express was a good bit cheaper than most of the shippers, and it was a very personalized service, door-to-door... an no palletizing of the bike.

I HIGHLY recommend them:

http://eagleoneexpress.com/

al

Guest citimoto

Al,

Eagle Express would have been my first choice but I got caught up in the moment and let MPH handle it. Rates really wherent too bad. It was actually cheaper than using space on one of the carriers that i use for my business coming out of Texas. We have a place up in Blowing Rock in the Mountains so i plan on keeping the bike up there come spring. Drop me a line and we'll go ride (not too many Guzzis down here in Charlotte). I should have the bike well sorted by then althouigh I think it comes pretty nicely setup. Mike at Mph is throwing on some CRG bar end mirrors for me and Ill take it from there with add ons. Any suggestions?

Chris

Al,

Eagle Express would have been my first choice but I got caught up in the moment and let MPH handle it. Rates really wherent too bad. It was actually cheaper than using space on one of the carriers that i use for my business coming out of Texas.  We have a place up in Blowing Rock in the Mountains so i plan on keeping the bike up there come spring. Drop me a line and we'll go ride (not too many Guzzis down here in Charlotte). I should have the bike well sorted by then althouigh I think it comes pretty nicely setup. Mike at Mph is throwing on some CRG bar end mirrors for me and Ill take it from there with add ons. Any suggestions?

Chris

71503[/snapback]

...not sure what "suggestions" you are looking for :P

But definitely look me up once everything is all settled and we have some nice weather.

I'll be out of town for the holidays, then travelling for business part of January... plus I'm sure that won't be "prime" MC'ing weather in these parts anyway.

But definitely stay in touch.

Once Spring breaks, and we've got some other personal projects under control(house building), I plan to get back "in gear" with regards to the bike, etc.

Maybe we can try to corral the NC Guzzi community... if there is much of one?? :bike:

al

Citimoto,

Today I went to MPH to check on my bike and to take a look of the new ones... I saw your bike, you will not regret It looks just great :food:

Congratulations! :mg:

Happy Holidays :race:

(I made it there just at closing time, but Mike walked me through the facility as if we had all the time to admire the Guzzies and talk about them... Thanks Mike ! :bier: )

Anthro

Guest citimoto

Thanks Anthro, its good to hear from someone who has actually seen the bike! I must say that I have never purchased a bike sight unseen and I havent thought twice about this process. Mike at MPH is such a pleasure to deal with and this process couldnt have gone smoother. Im good friends with the guys at the local Bmw/Ducati store here in Charlotte and there still isnt that level of ease in dealing with them that I got from Mike. I dont know much about our local Guzzi shop (Union Cycles) and hope to only use them for big things as I plan to be more hands on (in a good way) with this bike then previous bikes (Aprilia,BMW). Now im just ready for the bike to get here so I can actually ride!