Christmas Presents

DeBenGuzzi

well, you can call it a christmas present. I got a pair new Italian Sonus Faber loudspeakers. Very beautifull finished with leather and black gloss.

71901[/snapback]

I know this isnt a loudspeaker forum but I'd like to see what those look like. Ok I just googled that product. I'm not easily impressed but those are beautiful speakers to look at. :!: I can imagine that they must be high quality sounding also. When I was younger I liked the Cerwin Vega brand, but I have been out of the music thing at home because I listen to the radio at work all day. What I have been wanting is a surround theater system in my living room for movies.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niiice.  I use Klipschorns :D

71906[/snapback]

Those Sonus are soo expensive and I would have no idea where to pick them up around here when I get my basement finished I'm going with klipsch Thats what I got on my computer right now the 2.1THX and they are sooooooooo nice. You think you would want the sub bigger but I can barely turn it up b4 its too much.

Martin, the amp is a quad 405, selfbuild 25 years ago. This one has enough power, but maybe another xmas it will be replaced with a nice big tube amp, not for power but sonic qualities.

71946[/snapback]

OOOh a quad man on this forum, I also run a 405 updated what an amp it's my third quad in a row, bit like my Guzzi fetish, quad's get you. Funny old thing this forum we can go from drink and smokes to HiFi. Just to throw a spanner in the speaker question try Quad esl57 or 63 those are real speakers, not as good as Apogee's though.

I had Stax electrostatics before these speakers, so hav an idea what the esl 57/63 do. The big Apogee system, ( the first they made) is in my mind, driven at that time with 6 Jadis monoamps. Maybe the best speakers I have ever heard. Apogee doesn't exist anymore. Nice when you have foil problems:-)

The big Apogee system, ( the first they made) is in my mind, driven at that time with 6 Jadis monoamps. Maybe the best speakers I have ever heard.

71949[/snapback]

I got the Kraftwerk "NoteBook" CD/DVD. notebook.gif.

it already sounds great on my Quad/KRK system, but it must be totally awesome on a Apogee, sure.

Oh, aye!! Yeer rrright about that, laddie!!!

I could never understand why take the 'u' out of honour and colour but add an extra 'e' to whisky?

71968[/snapback]

Cause you guys are crazy and the US Is da bomb. Or how about Tyre? and I think the missing letters might have something to do with the fact that we don't over-pronounce our words hell some of us don't even half pronounce'em HELL pronounce is considered a big word here DOUBLE HELL considered is considered a big word here

I was talking about Kevin Garnets 'KG's Rolls Royce I saw parked in the target center and how very posh it was and he says "what does posh mean?" I couldn't answer him. AND he also didn't know what Soot was either. I guess he hasn't been around guzzi's cause they throw lots of it out the back. :huh2: OH and he's not the dumbest one there either. Don't get me started. :grin: