who wants MV agusta?

Paul Minnaert

To each their own...  I find it on my surprisingly short "Love That" list...

The F4...  not so much...

I guess we can't play...  :huh2:

Rj

73308[/snapback]

Yes, exactly.

Are there very few bikes that really grab you then?

I find it exceptional for me to really dislike a bike, that is why I mentioned it.

Nige. B)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Seattle bike show last month, the Brutale was the only one that commanded my attention. I wish I could remember if the one I drooled all over was stock or had a kit of some sort on it...

Not much else grabs me. The last bike that really grabbed me was the red framed black bodied 01 V11 that grabbed me at a show. I found a way to bring it home.

There have been a couple of Ducati's I liked the look of, but the test ride was very short as I'd reject it after a few miles.

I was really looking forward to the Sport Classics, but seeing them in the flesh killed my interest. Can't hold a candle to my little 74 cafe.

Also wanted to see the Ulyses, but again, in the flesh no dice.

I had no interest in the Brutale until I saw it. And since I haven't ridden it, that could change if somebody lets me on one...

Guzzi's latest offerings make me barf.

The Speed Triple I want to ride and am afraid I might buy, but I hate the rear end...

The Japanese have nothing that has ever sparked my interest.

Cruiser bikes of any type are out. I'm not interested in that kind of riding.

Like I say... it's a very short list. I'm funny that way, very particular with bikes... now women... that's another story!! :grin:

Rj

At the Seattle bike show last month, the Brutale was the only one that commanded my attention.  I wish I could remember if the one I drooled all over was stock or had a kit of some sort on it...

Not much else grabs me.  The last bike that really grabbed me was the red framed black bodied 01 V11 that grabbed me at a show.  I found a way to bring it home.

There have been a couple of Ducati's I liked the look of, but the test ride was very short as I'd reject it after a few miles. 

I was really looking forward to the Sport Classics, but seeing them in the flesh killed my interest.  Can't hold a candle to my little 74 cafe.

Also wanted to see the Ulyses, but again, in the flesh no dice.

I had no interest in the Brutale until I saw it.  And since I haven't ridden it, that could change if somebody lets me on one...

Guzzi's latest offerings make me barf.

The Speed Triple I want to ride and am afraid I might buy, but I hate the rear end...

The Japanese have nothing that has ever sparked my interest.

Cruiser bikes of any type are out.  I'm not interested in that kind of riding.

Like I say...  it's a very short list.  I'm funny that way, very particular with bikes... now women...  that's another story!!  :grin:

Rj

73313[/snapback]

LOL.......Now I would find that most frustrating.

TBH I was coming to the conclusion I was going off bikes a couple of years back. Loads of stuff about that was nice, but nothing I wanted to own. Every time I went to a motorcycle dealer the only thing that really made me smile was walking back to my modified Triumph Legend. It seemed they just weren't making bikes I wanted to buy any more! :(

The Scura regained me my Faith! :grin:

I am sure you could modify the rear of the Speed Triple to your taste?

If not most of the time you are with it you won't see it 'cos you will be riding it anyway! :huh:

Nige. B)

It seemed they just weren't making bikes I wanted to buy any more!  :(

The Scura regained me my Faith!  :grin:

I am sure you could modify the rear of the Speed Triple to your taste?

If not most of the time you are with it you won't see it 'cos you will be riding it anyway!  :huh:

Nige.  B)

73317[/snapback]

This is why I'm afraid to ride the Speed Triple... it might make the rear a non issue. A friend just bought one so we might have to do a bike swap for a while.

Hmmm... just realized the Brutale Gladio I was looking at also has the red frame/black body... just like my V11 and my Ducati cafe... I might have a problem... Good thing the Speed triple doesn't come in those colors...

Rj

Here's the one I saw at the show.  It had the full Gladio kit.

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/Brutale_Gladio.html

Rj

73318[/snapback]

Well, it looks a different colour to standard... I couldn't see any performance bits added in the kit. :unsure:

I suppose it would be a matter of how much extra thy wanted to charge for it?

Nige. :unsure:

This is why I'm afraid to ride the Speed Triple...  it might make the rear a non issue.  A friend just bought one so we might have to do a bike swap for a while.

Hmmm... just realized the Brutale Gladio I was looking at also has the red frame/black body...  just like my V11 and my Ducati cafe...  I might have a problem...  Good thing the Speed triple doesn't come in those colors...

Rj

73319[/snapback]

Yes...I think that one might get you! :thumbsup:

Nothing that a decent custom paint job wouldn't sort out, if it bothered you? ;)

Nige. B)

Actually I don't think I would ever even buy an F4, much as I like its form.

Too many cylinders.

Three is as many as I can handle in a motorcycle engine.

Anything more than that I find too frenetic.

Singles, twins and Triples do it for me.

As I have one of each I is an 'appy old git! LOL

Nige. B)

Well, it looks a different colour to standard... I couldn't see any performance bits added in the kit.  :unsure:

I suppose it would be a matter of how much extra thy wanted to charge for it?

Nige.  :unsure:

73320[/snapback]

yes, that kit is all special colors and carbon fiber up the yang...

But all the custom pipes and chips are available in the catalog.

Price, well... if you have to ask... I'd likely have to sell all the bikes I have and get top quid for them. Then there's the matter of it being illegal in Canada. The one guy I know who has one had to bring it in as a Husqvarna. Luckily there are ways to do things in Canada... but it isn't a cheap exercise.

I think this one will remain on the wish list.

Rj

yes, that kit is all special colors and carbon fiber up the yang...

But all the custom pipes and chips are available in the catalog.

Price, well...  if you have to ask...  I'd likely have to sell all the bikes I have and get top quid for them.  Then there's the matter of it being illegal in Canada.  The one guy I know who has one had to bring it in as a Husqvarna.  Luckily there are ways to do things in Canada... but it isn't a cheap exercise.

I think this one will remain on the wish list.

Rj

73323[/snapback]

Well, I certainly wouldn't rush into that then! ;)

I wouldn't sacrifice things you know you like, just 'cos the grass is greener elsewhere. Not a recipe for contentment.

Nige. B)

Singles, twins and Triples do it for me.

Nige.  B)

73322[/snapback]

Twins I can handle. triplets... too much! Never had four...

Oh, we're talkin' bikes...

I've always had twins. Love them. My Duc single I bought because it was rare and a dirt bike - which are always fun! Love the sound and feel of a twin.

Rj

Twins I can handle.  triplets...  too much!  Never had four...

Oh, we're talkin' bikes...

I've always had twins.  Love them.  My Duc single I bought because it was rare and a dirt bike - which are always fun!   Love the sound and feel of a twin. 

Rj

73325[/snapback]

I like singles for low down stomp, economy and relative simpilicity. I have a MuZ Skorpion 660cc single (Yamaha XTZ 660 ) It is a big softie of an engine and a hoot to ride. If you are determined it will pull an indicated 110mph if you are patient enough ^_^

Parallel twins I quite like, but bigger ones can be too vibratory in a self-dissassemble sense. ;) Big V twins are much superior IMO...Especially if you get them breathing right.

Triples,.... now you have a nice compromise here...Most of the stomp of a twin and the smoothness of a four...Plus a shedload of soul......I love that Banshee wail through my Raygun pipes! :grin:

It really depends on how the mood grabs me as to which is taken out.

Nige. B)

When it comes to carbs, the fewer the better! A friend is building a small Honda four, mid seventies... I want to say 550 but :huh2:

Carbs on the thing are a nightmare! At least he's running K&N's ;)

I am liking the simplicity of the single Ducati. One desmo cylinder is enough!

It does appear we now own this thread. We need Ben in here, his bike wish list has all of them on it I think :P

Rj