joining the guzzi fold

Guest davindav

Guest davindav

I am taking delivery of my new coppa italia in the next few days, and any break-in tips, or things to watch for would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first guzzi and my first brand new bike after many years of used European and Japanese bikes.

I fell in love with the brand at a guzzi rally near Waynesville, NC this summer--thanks to all who attended and offered suggestions and advice.

Can anyone recommend a paint protector service--I've heard of Digishield or 3M products, but I need one that works best and can be professionally applied as I lack skills/interest to do it myself.

This will be a keeper bike and I want it looking great.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice for an excited new guzzi fan!

David

You lucky bastard. I wanted one of those but they came into the fold after I already got mine. Apparently no trade backsies without losing my shorts that is. If the relays aren't bosch I say change'em second don't forget to change the oil in the tranny and bevel when you do the engine first time then I think they are every other? change your fork oil at 10k is a good mark and I hear there are greaselets in the wheels that are hard to reach and worth greasing. Otherwise grip-rip-smile. Oh and change your air filters I hear from rachethack K&N's are a perfect replacement. :lol:

Oh Ben! You is a trouble maker... :P

Dav.. Congratulatons!!

Get the GEI relays to replace the wimpy Siemens

http://www.dpguzzi.com/relay.htm

I paid about $15 for a handful (5). Much more robust from all accounts.

There's also rumors of NO grease in the rear end as shipped. Not good.

Thats 2 things really worth looking into.

The Siemens are notorious for failing...at just the wrong time.

The rear wheel will have to come off to address the rear end which means

getting a shop stand...which you'll need any way.(Why oh why don't these things

have center stands?!) I actually use a $50 MC stand from PEP boys quite succesfully.

Forget the air filter...that waz Ben looking to make this thread 100 pages.

Of course there's the PC IIIs and Mistrals and cross overs but you can do that at your

lezure. As for break in.......go by the book as long as you can stand it.. :P

Your gonna love riding that thing. Big barking gobs of torque. Just plain FUN.

What Euro bike did you have?

I would drain the oil immediately & replace it with conventional dinosaur oil. 20/w50 is fine, my dealer says the bikes come with synthetic oil from the factory now. After 1000 miles drain all the fluids & replace them, use synthetic motor oil from then on.

I would drain the oil immediately & replace it with conventional dinosaur oil. 20/w50 is fine, my dealer says the bikes come with synthetic oil from the factory now. After 1000 miles drain all the fluids & replace them, use synthetic motor oil from then on.

72016[/snapback]

Thats actually a great idea if I ever get a new bike I'm doing that to my future Tuono or a slashed MV :thumbsup:

Have the titanium exhaust put on before delivery if you like a good-sounding exhaust. If you do not want the extra noise, sell the titanium exhaust (I may be interested).

Load the rings, and get them seated quickly. Nothing you will do is as brutal as was done by the factory test riders already, but you must complete the process of seating the rings.

I'm with dlaing on the "hard" break-in. Although I bought my MG used with 1569 miles on the clock, I broke my Honda in using the "motoman" break-in method. See http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

And have not regretted it in the least. I haven't experienced any of the reported problems other owners have. Maybe I'm just lucky :mg:

Good luck with your new Goose

Welcome David :bier:

It looks like you, me, and citimoto are the only folks in the Carolinas with V11s on the forum(that I know of anyway).

I am in Cary(27513), citimoto is in Charlotte, and you are in Davidson... so you two are relatively close. I am a bit of a haul. But maybe we can all get together in the next month(s).

We'll have to all stay in touch, and see if we can get the word out for V11 riders in the NC area.

What dealer did you use?

al