Need to remove front wheel

Guest Nogbad

The front tyre on the V11 is worn out, but it's too cold to contemplate getting the wheel off and taking it down to the shop to have a new one fitted.

Sigh. :xmas:

I'm looking out the front window, and there's bits of snow lying on the grass. The road is mostly clear apart from a couple of patches in the road. I think I could negotiate past those and get to the main roads. Tempted to take the bike to work 1200-2200 shift today. But the BBC are posting Temps of -1 max and -4 as a min. I think it will have to be the car :(

Even if I had a good tyre, I can't find any unleaded petrol here since Xmas eve. I can get diesel for my car, but the V11 and my wife's car are stranded almost empty.

Since the Buncefield fire I can't get Shell Optimax locally at all, so the V11 has to run on crappy lowgrade unleaded.

Even if I had a good tyre, I can't find any unleaded petrol here since Xmas eve. I can get diesel for my car, but the V11 and my wife's car are stranded almost empty.

Since the Buncefield fire I can't get Shell Optimax locally at all, so the V11 has to run on crappy lowgrade unleaded.

72229[/snapback]

Shell are blaming it on the fire but in fact its down to thier computerised re-ordering system crashing- I have a friend who works for them and has spilled the beans.

No problems oop north.

Guy :helmet:

Shell are blaming it on the fire but in fact its down to thier computerised re-ordering system crashing- I have a friend who works for them and has spilled the beans.

No problems oop north.

Guy  :helmet:

72233[/snapback]

So that explains the Optimax shortage, but I can't get any BP, Total etc either.

I'm thinking of getting a reconditioned diesel Enfield that I can run on chip fat. Bikes that can run on Lard

72229[/snapback]

Here's my petrol story:

On Christmas eve my son Chris got hungry and took my wife's car down to the local McDonalds. I asked him if he could fill it up and so he did with 95 octane unleaded.

Oh, did I forget to tell you that it's a Ford Mondeo TDCI? (Turbo DIESEL commonrail injection)....... :homer:

He's not flavour of the month right now, but thanks God nothing severe happended to the engine. The Ford garage managed to suck up the gasoline and clean/rinse the fuel hoses and change the filters.

And to sum it all up Chris works on the local Shell gas station..... prat!

Cheers

Søren

He's not flavour of the month right now,

72248[/snapback]

Now's the time to post your 'he's grounded' comic strip :lol:

Glad to hear the car wasn't too damaged. I had a guy put diesel in our gasoline-powered tractor once. It doesn't run so well.

"Prat" seems appropriate.

You are lucky there was no damage. I keep seeing reports in the press of how these misfuelling events cost an average of £5000 to fix and you are not covered by insurance.