Corsa chip

Guest corsahack

Guest corsahack

I am having problems with a very rough running 98 Corsa. I have done all the checks described on the forum with one exception... Replacement chip. When I get one what do I do with it and where does it go?. The corsa has its original set up and I am willing to give it a go unless the advice is dont bother, take it to a dealer. Over to you wise ones.

Its easy from what I can remember:

Make sure your ignition is off and the key in your pocket

Remove drivers seat

Peel back sticker on black box that says do not remove- you can reseal this afterwards

Take off cover from the top of black box

Remove old chip carefully- you may need a chip puller but you can probably do without

Make sure legs are nice and straight on new chip

Carefully fit new chip in the holes left by the old one

If you are fitting a WPC12 Creedon chip (which used to be the best for the Corsa- was for me anyway) use a screwdriver to adjust the mixture screw which is on the same circuit board (if I remember correctly) to its richest setting.

Put the cover back on

Reseal the sticker

Put the seat back on

Ride and enjoy

Guy :helmet:

I am having problems with a very rough running 98 Corsa. I have done all the checks described on the forum with one exception... Replacement chip. When I get one what do I do with it and where does it go?. The corsa has its original set up and I am willing to give it a go unless the advice is dont bother, take it to a dealer. Over to you wise ones.

The workshop manual on page 112 shows the position of the chip.

There are different chips for the corsa , If you like email me for more details about what and how to do, plus what chips exist and performance...

:bier:

Guest corsahack

The workshop manual on page 112 shows the position of the chip.

There are different chips for the corsa , If you like email me for more details about what and how to do, plus what chips exist and performance...

I have the manual you sent me and I am about to amend my profile with my new @ mail address. Thanks for all the advice. :bier:

I have the manual you sent me and I am about to amend my profile with my new @ mail address. Thanks for all the advice. :bier:

I have experimented with some chips lattely.ANd have made an occational dyno measurmants on varios configurations.I am having a more in depth look to this subject mostly for 2 reasons.

a) I want to know what's goin on on my bike

b)Having the option to really construct chip configurations that fit as good as it should be for the set ups and the road use I like to do.