Price of sump cover gasket

bigbikerrick

Im just wondering how much a sump cover gasket usually sells for on our bikes, I bought on on ebay for $20. bucks including shipping and was thinking maybe I paid too much? also there were a couple of valve cover gaskets for sale there, what do those usually sell for?

Guest Nogbad

Just don't pay for it. Take the negative feedback like a man. If necessary, delete your account, wait a month, re-register as someone else and start again.

I think anyone who lets you pay $20 for a piece of paper worth $6 is a fraudster anyway.

Just don't pay for it. Take the negative feedback like a man. If necessary, delete your account, wait a month, re-register as someone else and start again.

I think anyone who lets you pay $20 for a piece of paper worth $6 is a fraudster anyway.

73509[/snapback]

Don't forget it includes delivery. - Perhaps by singing telegram

Guest Nogbad
Don't forget it includes delivery. - Perhaps by singing telegram

73510[/snapback]

For that price I would expect a strippergram

73509[/snapback]

Ive already paid for it through my paypal account, I have 100% positive feedback and have been an ebay member for many years. I dont think its worth it for 20 bux. It was my own stupidity, anyway, I should have checked prices before bidding. Im going to have to take the "hosing" like a man... Yikes! that doesnt sound right! pass the vaseline, please!!!! :grin:<_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blush.png" alt=":blush:">

For that price I would expect a strippergram

73512[/snapback]

If it included a strippergram, that would be a pretty sweet deal,but with my luck, the stripper would be a fat 56 year old broad with a hysterectomy scar,and hairy nipples! LOL. :vomit:

Rick, I've said it again and again on most of the Guzzi forums. Some people will try and convince you you have a two wheeled Ferrari and will try and gouge you on price accordinly. In all honesty you bike is closer to a two wheeled Briggs and Straton and there is NO shame in that. All the consumables, gaskets, filters etc. are dirt cheap compared to most other manufacturers and there is a thriving 'aftermarket' of whom Rick and Gordon at MG Cycles are probably the best known in the USA, (And top blokes to boot!).

As others have said, it's a bit of paper, gouging on a bit of paper is a bit rich! Next time ask before you pay! A whole set of gaskets, seals a filter and O-rings to rebuild a big block front to back will only cost in the region of $130AU or about $100 US, probably less!

Love 'em for what they are, not what they're not, and *expensive* isn't in the equation!!!!

Pete

The last time I was stuck for a sump gasket (I'll _never_ rely on local "dealers" again) I made one out of a cornflake packet. It worked perfectly. I wouldn't hesitate to use the same material for rocker box, timing chest or any other joint under low pressure. The _only_ reason I buy gaskets for these places now is idleness.

mike