Triumph 675 Video

orangeokie

Why go to a 750?  Is there some advantage to it?  Will that make it a better bike?  Frankly, making it a 750 would just encourage every unimaginative toad rest editor out there to compare it to the only 750 sport bike left, the Suzuki GSX-R.  Even as a 750, the triple would likely lose; it just doesn't have the power.  Heck, even the other Japanese companies won't compete with the Gixxer.  It's a 675 because (1) it doesn't fit into a convenient "category" so it will likely be judged on its own merits AND no one will try to race it; and (2) no one else makes one.  Triumph already tried going head-to-head with the Japanese, and they aren't interested in that losing proposition.

74648[/snapback]

I see your point the 750 is pure gixxer it has near performance of the 1000, I'd rather have the 750 myself. Now if MV could make thier engine perform like that one. Or thier 1000 like the Jap 1000's Hmmm but thats another thread. :grin:

I ride a 'vert currently but I suspect when my Griso arrives the 'Vert will get less use. I wasn't saying it was a bad bike, far from it, as a track tool it looks pretty damn good, but as an everyday ride? In my humble opinion, (and remember, it is just that, my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.) racebike performance on the road and the way it's sold to young, inexperienced, punters is dangerous. I'm not saying that these machines should be banned or any such thing, just that I think the marketing of them is irresponsible and the vast majority of young turks who buy them are completely out of their depth.

As for going fast? I love it! the only reason I don't ride our racebike is because a.) I can't ride to save my life! I'd be a horrible mobile chicane on the track! and b.) I get a lot of pleasure from building the motors and transmissions and that's where my enjoyment of racing comes from. As far as riding is concerned I far prefer going for a fang in the country to circulating competitively on the track. No, I don't 'Observe the speed limit at all times' , even my 'vert will crack 100mph if I find a well greased mine-shaft and a following wind :grin:  but I'm accutely aware that I have to share the roads, (Some of which are in pretty poor condition.) with errant wildlife, farmers towing dead steers along behind tractors,  livestock that still is, livestock that isn't, and any number of inattentive boneheads who are probably doing at least half a dozen things that have NOTHING to do with controling their vehicles! I'm not going to ride any machine with race performance anywhere near it's limits on the public road, to do so is suicidal and to ride them well below their limits is BORING!

Pete

74647[/snapback]

:2c: i believe most points you make are correct a good track bike doesn't necessarily make a good road bike,[ horses for courses] but they make what people want [popular] which mid size sports bikes are . a lot of very sensible bikes have come onto the market 600-750 singles and twins which we know are the best option for young and or inexperienced riders. but they don't last. as they don't sell enough. and it all gets back to sales. i've had some of my most memorable riding days ,past and present on 500 and 660 singles. but thats just me. ps have you been to guzzi rally .mingoola on your vert.?quote=g.forrest,Jan 17 2006, 03:43 PM]

74664[/snapback]

Only thing why don't they get this over with and make a 750??? 600, 650, 675 and I'm not sure was there a 625 or some odd number in there as well? I say just go 750 is there an advantage to 675?

74645[/snapback]

apparently, Triumph is in fact trying to have it accepted in the 600's multi class, just like the 748 is in some championship...

Seems like we are having a good debate here, right chaps? :P

I like the look of the bike but there's no way in hell I would buy one nor a R6, Gixxer or the like unless I would start road racing.

One of the UK magazines (Superbike, Performance Bike or was it MCN?) ran a 30 page special on the Triumph and they were bend over backwards impressed about the performance of the bike. The only flaw was the size (my wife says size matters and I don't know what she's talking about... :blush: ) of the bike. It's just too petite for anybody over 6 foot.

BTW, wasn't it Ron 'Rocket' Haslam in the start of video? Those trademark sideburns/whiskers look familiar.

Cheers

Søren