Fishing for a bodge point

Guest redguzziv10

Guest redguzziv10

So what started off as a quick wash and brush up on my "spare" V11 Sport has rapidly become a full winter project.

My next step is to remove and respray (or powdercoat ) the rear sub frame and swing arm.

As i don't intend to make a career out of this i wonder if anyone can give me ideas on supporting the bike off the ground while this takes place, i don't really want to splash out on an all-singing-and -dancing bike lift if i don't have to, and i have access to trolley jacks etc.....any ideas?

By the way.... when finished, this bike will be for sale, hopefully March - ish if anyone is interested

2001 V11S

Silver

37000 miles

loads of new and refurb bits on it

Essex area of UK

I just use a couple of car 1 ton axle stands under the pork chops to hold the rear up level. a piece of rubber or carpet between stops the chops getting damaged

I just use a couple of car 1 ton axle stands under the pork chops to hold the rear up level. a piece of rubber or carpet between stops the chops getting damaged

74644[/snapback]

:stupid: My technique exactly.

If you are selling the bike the last thing you want is a bodge point.

Guest redguzziv10
:stupid: My technique exactly.

If you are selling the bike the last thing you want is a bodge point.

74682[/snapback]

Sorted, lift the bike on a trolley jack, a lump of 4x2" under the seat frame supported on two axle stands, all lashed together with nylon rope.

the bodge was for the lifting and support, not for the actual repair.

i think that deserves a point

All lashed together with nylon rope?  Much too safe and secure for a bodge point.  Now if you had used parcel string...

Rj

74868[/snapback]

Now if you glued together a bunch of soggy particle board THEN secured it with parcel twine I'd think you need a point.

Just to be clear, you can only earn bodge points for genuinely damaging hacks to your bike. The sort of thing that if you found it on a bike you had just purchased, would give you that weak sinking feeling in your bowels.

Ok, I did give DeBen one for a different reason, but that was very much a one off.

Just to be clear, you can only earn bodge points for genuinely damaging hacks to your bike. The sort of thing that if you found it on a bike you had just purchased, would give you that weak sinking feeling in your bowels.

Ok, I did give DeBen one for a different reason, but that was very much a one off.

74909[/snapback]

lets not go there. :homer: