le harve to spain

george42

Thinking of going to the spanish pyrenese this sumer with a group of 10,Ferry to santander expensive .Would trying to get from le harve to the spanish side of the pyrenees in one day pushing it.PS any suggestions for what are the best areas to explore if we make it .Maybe is the french side a better bet to visit.Any information gratefully accepted.PPPS As i have finally floged my old firestorm,looking for v11 to keep my old lemans mk2 company.I live near taunton somerset if anyones got up for grabs.THANKS . GEORGECBGDB@TISCALI.CO.UK

Hi George- I have done Cherbourg to the Pyrenees which is a similar journey- you can do it in a day if you want but I would say you are better off overnighting somewhere like Limoges or Brive and breaking up the journey. When I went it took us eight and a half hours to get to Brive because the Autoroutes had huge traffic jams- I guess if you had a clear run down it would be easier.

Good luck with finding a V11- have you tried Motomecca- they have one in stock:

http://www.motomeccaspares.co.uk/bikes/index.php

Not too far from Taunton ooooarrr!

Guy :helmet:

I did Biarritz in a day. Long day & boring - wouldn't do it less short of time.

Pyrenees are fantastic. You can ride across West/East or vice versa. N618 runs from B. de Luchon W to Laruns, over Col d'Aspin, C du Tourmalet, C d'Aubisque. Be sure to take in Pic du Midi de Bigorre which is a v steep ride up a spectacular dirt road to an observatory at about 3k metres - lots of hairpins up the side of the mountain, sheer drops all the way.

KB :sun: