rear brake pads

bigbikerrick

after servicing my rear caliper per the excellent instructions given by Ratchethack,all was fine for 100 miles or so, today I went for a short ride and when rolling to a stop, my rear brake is "moaning and groaning" again, I would like to replace the stock metallic pads for some softer compound that dont have metallic bits,and are easier on the rotor. do any of you here have any advice where I may purchase such brake pads? Ive checked all my catalogs, such as Dennis Kirk, Chaparral, JP Cycles and they dont list any pads for moto guzzis . Thanks ! :)

Maybe it would be easier to mention the model of Brembo caliper rather than Moto Guzzi when searching, because many other bigger manufacturers use Brembo including Ducati.

Sorry I can't think of any non-sintered pads- I just use the EBC or Ferodo sintered on both V11s, and never have any moaning or groaning but they wear out bloody quick.

Guy :helmet:

From Harper's Guzzi

I'll bet you can find these through just about any EBC dealer, including your Guzzi dealer:

EBC Organic (Kevlar) Street bike Brake Pads

Worlds top selling organic pad - Fingertip stopping power -  Superb brake "feel" - Zero rotor damage

EBC Organic pads are made with Aramid fibres such as Dupont® Kevlar® or Twaron® and deliver impressive stopping power and the "Feel" so often desired by bike riders allowing them to "Feather" the brake as they decelerate. Public opinion is that organic pads don't last long but the myth was broken when seven years ago EBC launched its current DMX formulation street organic pad of which over 13 million sets have been sold with a zero failure rate in the market. This is a truly impressive pad with low rotor abrasion, good life and deep progressive braking power.

Model  	Year  Front  Price  Rear  Price  
V11Sport  All  FA244  28.95  FA47  26.30

From Harper's Guzzi

I'll bet you can find these through just about any EBC dealer, including your Guzzi dealer:

Model  	Year  Front  Price  Rear  Price  
V11Sport  All  FA244  28.95  FA47  26.30

76217[/snapback]

Thanks! Those sound like exactly what i am looking for. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Those sound like exactly what i am looking for. :thumbsup:

76221[/snapback]

I must copy the information in here ready for my next set. :thumbsup: