Cafe Calabria

Steve G.

Guest george in vancouver
I was able to get some information from Moto International about the open house this year. It seems that it may not happen. There is a bit of a squabble between the other two dealers who participate so it has been called off until that can be settled. If it is not settled Dave may host his own, albeit smaller open house. I hope to be informed of whichever way it goes.

80973[/snapback]

WHAT! ............ No Moto In'tl. open house!? Horrific. Flys in the face of tradition ferchrisakes. Maybe have to bombard Greg Field & DR w/ pleading emails.

And as an aside for you Jim, here's a little caper that you can relate to:

"God's own Motorcycle"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT! ............ No Moto In'tl. open house!? Horrific. Flys in the face of tradition ferchrisakes. Maybe have to bombard Greg Field & DR w/ pleading emails.

And as an aside for you Jim, here's a little caper that you can relate to:

"God's own Motorcycle"

80988[/snapback]

Bloody heck!! I havn't been there in 10 years!! I was on a movie/kayaking expedition there in 1985 and I flew that whole canyon video taping the rapids at about 3 feet - both ways, except for one part that was too narrow even for a Hughes 500. Managed to work a bit there with BC hydro cleaning up and salvaging what was left from the massive camp of the early 80's. Parks would have had a fit if they knew how much we flew there ....

A mad Aussi pilot? They're all mad but then there is Jim Reid the mad Kiwi and he's a great fellow!

I must get together with you sometime to talk bush flying. I have about 10 years experience flying out of Dease Lake and Watson Lake.

I will keep everyone posted on Moto International and Italian days is on calendar as well.

The 'Worlds Fastest Indian' has finally made it to Canada and it is playing at the Cinemark Tinseltown for anyone interested. The theatre is on the corner of Pender and Abbott Streets. Check here for more info.

It will be coming out next week at Famous Players but their website does not show where yet.

Guest george in vancouver

As an aside,

For those of use in the zone (that includes Seattle - so no sniveling about the border crossing and get your asses up here), don't forget to mark your calendar for the Tsawwassen CLASSIC AND VINTAGE SWAP MEET April 23, 2006:

http://www.classicbikeswapmeet.com/home.html

Last year you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting some sort of gob-smacked cool bike of some sort, not to mention finding an original NOS Super Alce bakelight horn button for $2.00 ............ Canadian! And unlike many other similar events, this one is conspicuously not dominated by HD.

George

mapbig.gif

Hi all in "The Zone"......mmmm, l like that, "the zone"

there must be at least 2dozen 0r so V11's in the zone??

George, after several years of wanting to make it to the swap, l hope that this year l can get my sorry ass over and check it out. try to finnally meet some of you fellow V11'ers in the Zone.

The Deeley Museum is worth the trip all on it's own!!

Cheers, and hopefully see you there,

:bier:

Cheers

Van

As an aside,

For those of use in the zone (that includes Seattle - so no sniveling about the border crossing and get your asses up here), don't forget to mark your calendar for the Tsawwassen CLASSIC AND VINTAGE SWAP MEET April 23, 2006:

http://www.classicbikeswapmeet.com/home.html

Last year you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting some sort of gob-smacked cool bike of some sort, not to mention finding an original NOS Super Alce bakelight horn button for $2.00 ............ Canadian! And unlike many other similar events, this one is conspicuously not dominated by HD.

George

mapbig.gif

82177[/snapback]

I've been one of the concours judges there for 5 years now. I end up with a bloody headache after each show. It's quite stressfull with the bikes owners hovering around while you look for correct and incorrect, and balance absolute restored perfection vs very clean totally original vs trailer queens with no engine oil vs very clean everyday runners. It's been too busy for me, doing the judging and helping my brother at his overloaded swap meet tables, running back and forth. As a result I've missed out on much of the 'show' outside. I'm just helping out at his table this year, thinking about putting a bike into the concours this time.

Friend and fellow club member Todd has had his show there for over 20 yrs now. This years show's special marque is AJS, including a very rare prototype [only one made] 1000 twin cam v-twin from 1932's Earl's Court Show.

Here's to hoping the weather turns out ok.

Ciao, Steve G.

I'll bring my MGS and you can judge it the best in Canada and I'll be in a bar six blocks away and I won't complain one bit!!

I know what you mean though. I was a director of the Ducati Owners Club of Canada in 1980 and the annual meating was the most bizarre and stressfull event at the time! The twins and singles shall never meet!! (but the movies I had were awesome - Hailwood and Agostini at there best!).

I'll bring my MGS and you can judge it the best in Canada and I'll be in a bar six blocks away and I won't complain one bit!!

I know what you mean though. I was a director of the Ducati Owners Club of Canada in 1980 and the annual meating was the most bizarre and stressfull event at the time! The twins and singles shall never meet!! (but the movies I had were awesome - Hailwood and Agostini at there best!).

82374[/snapback]

Geez Jim,

You should put the beast on the Dyno that's there every year. The sound it would make would bring tears of pride to anyone with a love of the internal combustion engine!

Ciao, Steve G.

• 1 month later...