obtaining T.D.C.

Guest redguzziv10

Guest redguzziv10

i know i should be sent to the corner of the room and made to wear a dunces hat for asking this, but here goes...

is there an easy way of turning the engine to obtain TDC, without taking a bucket load of bits off.

i'm assuming the easiest way is knock it in gear and turn the rear wheel, is this correct?

ok, i'll get the hat now!

i know i should be sent to the corner of the room and made to wear a dunces hat for asking this, but here goes...

is there an easy way of turning the engine to obtain TDC, without taking a bucket load of bits off.

i'm assuming the easiest way is knock it in gear and turn the rear wheel, is this correct?

77092[/snapback]

Yes. If the rear wheel is off the ground it is easy to get the engine where you want it if you snick the box into top and take the plugs out.

Another good way if you can't raise the wheel is to take the alternator cover off and use a spanner on the end of the rotor bolt. Again take the plugs out and this time you want it in neutral.

As Nogbad says. When it's roughly TDC that method, I use a screwdriver against starter ring gear thru insp hole to get it exact (well I do on Tontis - not done V11, but think they're same) - you can get a finer degree of movement this way (in neutral).

KB :sun:

Another thing worth noting is that the markings on your flywheel MAY be different than those described in forum threads, I know mine are ('04 Ballabio).

On mine TDC for the RIGHT cylinder is indicated by a green arrow, and not a "D" as I've commonly seen described. The left is still indicated by an "S".

77092[/snapback]