Repaint V11S, which color?

Guest vratbastard

Give me a break, Pink!?! :angry:

77205[/snapback]

No, pink is cool, and put some gold flakes in the final coat of laquer.

AMARANTH.................. :thumbsup:

77212[/snapback]

A colour reserved for 1950s Triumph Speed Twins, surely?

Hi,

I'm thinking about repainting my plain black 2000 V11S naked that lime green anniversary color, charcoal metallic or the later Rosso Mandello (candy red :notworthy: ). And if I'm going to change the color of the bike, I was thinking about different "custom" lettering. With either hand pinstriped lettering or retro/vintage moto guzzi decals underneath the clear.

I guess this will be a poll of sorts but, what is the most desirable color on these bikes. Not necessarily a stock color or for resale but, I'm just curious about what other owners think. I'm leaning towards the green since that was offered in 2000. And I'm not sure how the Rosso will look with my silver cases.

Anybody with custom painted V11 pics (I've already looked through the gallery)? Or dream V11 scenario. Ideas?

77160[/snapback]

Classic Guzzi Red with these Gold/Black vintage decals. Add some gold pinstriping and you'll have a winner.

MDOE.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto-Guzzi-...sspagenameZWDVW

Didn't the Rosso come with a carbon fiber front fairing?

77183[/snapback]

No the front fairing appears to be black ABS plastic painted red, while the fuel tank is made of white plastic The front fender and chin spoiler are carbor fiber.Its weird the tailpiece and slo seat cover wern't even clear coated over the decals. When you get all the pieces together in a row it looks like 3 different colors of red.

waspp

nah, the V11 deserves colour, not just black (which fits the LeMans better, with its big shed of a fairing :P ). the shapes of the tank and the fat front fender just jumps at you when painted lime.

but why not lime, but in the matte finish that one can see on Honda Hornets and such. Jedione had a finish like taht on his bike.

I WANT to paint my LeMans BLACK....

With the Red roundel ...just like the beautiful Nero

Like a black Tuxedo with a red bow tie. simple elegance.

Not really nuts about the ol' champagne...though it does look lustourus

in certin light but most of the time just looks "beige"

Also the paint sucks...soft as baby sh#t. My leathers and tank bag are doing

a number on it....I can shoot some really tough stuff on there....couple

of decals and I got an 02 Nero Lama....time...it's just time. Anybody got a spare

cup of time I can borrow?

And yea...the black engine paint sucks...I love the big aluminum block.

They got some very strange people designing these things.

They got some very strange people designing these things.

77484[/snapback]

my guess is that designers werent allowed to come closer than three miles to the V11, this is fuzziness in extremis. but cool fuzziness, mind you :P