• 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • Over 70

• 11 months later...
Guest ratchethack

Good God! Most of you are absolute fogeys.....just like me! Who'd have thought it?

[i don't remember seeing this poll, although apparently I have voted in it! What does that tell you?]

My sentiments exactly. I only remember 'cause I just voted.... :whistle:

But then wot's to be expected from guys who'd own an overweight, long obsolete design of a motorcycle from a tiny European company in a village at the foot of the Dolomites that's been happily goin' out o' business since 1921? :huh2::lol::oldgit:

Me too!!! After June, I will remembering when the V11 forum was all fields, wetting myself with regularity and spending my life puzzling why those pesky youngsters don't sort out their suspension before throwing useless money at their engines! :huh2::oldgit:

• 4 months later...

...I've just discussed with the Chief of Staff that I would be staring my mid-life crisis a year early. I have already received authorisation for the tattoo (although admittedly she doesn't know about my plans for a japanese sleeve) but I'm not sure how to broach the subject of a MGS-Corsa and, worse, the voluptuous raven haired Rita that has just started work with us :oldgit:

Guest Nogbad

...I've just discussed with the Chief of Staff that I would be staring my mid-life crisis a year early. I have already received authorisation for the tattoo (although admittedly she doesn't know about my plans for a japanese sleeve) but I'm not sure how to broach the subject of a MGS-Corsa and, worse, the voluptuous raven haired Rita that has just started work with us :oldgit:

A what? Please enlighten me as I have never heard of this.....

Why would he buy a kimono to celebrate a mid-life crisis? :oldgit:

"voluptuous raven haired Rita"...............hmmmm, :blush:

any chance of finding pics in the "hooters" thread???? :grin:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

A what? Please enlighten me as I have never heard of this.....

WRT "japanese sleeve."

Nog:

The Japanese have a long-standing tattoo subculture [esp among the Yakuza organized crime types] w/ extensive, involved thematic illustration. Not the random accumulation of multiple tattoos, but planned works that can take literally years to complete, none of which is visible when clothed.

Used to be the Japanese cops would strip search their collars not because they expected to find weapons, but because if they found someone who was illustrated neck to waist, etc., they pretty much knew that they were Yakuza and would proceed to beat the cr@p out of them in an effort to break loose some information. [You have no civil rights in Japan, a byproduct of their being a feudal society until a scant 150 years ago.]

A sleeve is just a continuous tattoo from shoulder to wrist.

:nerd: