Got my first Guzzi

Guest dgilmore

Guest dgilmore

Hi Folks, just thought I'd introduce myself, as I just purchased my first ever Guzzi. Having been a Triumph rider for the last 50 years, I was really interested in the new Norge, and my wife convinced me to get a 2002 Lemans that was new at my dealers, so I could see if I liked the Guzzis. Well, I do, I really do. I purchased the Lemans knowing all of the issues with the bike, and the issues with the company, but it was just so beautiful and looked like it really needed a home (we also adopt track greyhounds - they really need and appreciate a home). Now that I have ridden one, I can understand the fierce loyalty that Guzzi owners seem to have. Although they will probably never replace my long lasting love of Triumphs, I am happy to now appreciate "Guzzi love". Oddly enough, this is one bike that I probably won't modify too much, as right now I'm happy to just understand what it is, and leave it at that. I may change at a later date, tho.

I thought I was saving some money, purchasing the NOS Lemans, but it really ended up being a fairy expensive proposition, as my wife felt that she needed the little red Breva that was sitting next to mine. It was a little too tall for her, so we had Rich Maund lower the saddle for her, and ordered the WorksPerformance shorter shocks for it. Nothing's ever easy. Her Breva goes along with her Thruxton and BMW F650GS, all lowered for the vertically challenged.

I probably won't know enough to add much to the forum for a while, but I really appreciate the information I've gotten from you all so far.

Dave Gilmore - 65 yr. old retired University Professor and self proclaimed "bike-a-holic"

Welcome. Hope to read more of your posts (or from the missus) as you better get to know your guzzis. :bier:

BTW professor . . . what subject(s) did you teach, and where?

Guest dgilmore
Welcome.  Hope to read more of your posts (or from the missus) as you better get to know your guzzis. :bier:

BTW professor . . . what subject(s) did you teach, and where?

79149[/snapback]

I taught Cinema and Photography at Southern Illinois University for 31 years. Came here to stay 2 years, but the kids were so great that I just never left. We have produced some really great film-makers and photographers, I'm proud to say. My work is basically documentary photography - my favorite quote is: "The world is a far more interesting place than anything I would have to say about it" - unknown source.

Dave

Welcome aboard, Dave. "Bike-a-holic" - the first step is admitting you have a problem. The second step is buying a second bike. The third step...well you get it. I think the fifth step is building a bigger shed or garage...a couple of guys here are at that stage. Keep smiling. :mg: k

Welcome Dave! :thumbsup: Think you've figured something already re Guzzis - they stay with you. Several members here have Triumphs too. I got a T100 engined Husky in the shed but it hasn't seen the light of day for some years. When I was looking for a new bike almost went for an early 955 but in the end it had to be another Guzzi. Really taken a shine to the new 675 tho.....

KB :sun:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest weasel_boy

Got my first Guzzi this past weekend, a 2004 Coppa Italia. Also have a Honda Interceptor.

Looking for suggestions as to what to expect---love the sound (titanium exhausts) and the looks. Ridnig Hondas I'm not used to vibration, which isn't too bad, but are there simple mods to reduce the vibrations?

Any spare parts that I should keep handy?

Got my first Guzzi this past weekend, a 2004 Coppa Italia.  Also have a Honda Interceptor. 

Looking for suggestions as to what to expect---love the sound (titanium exhausts) and the looks.  Ridnig Hondas I'm not used to vibration, which isn't too bad, but are there simple mods to reduce the vibrations?

80401[/snapback]

Vibration? What vibration?

Keep all the parts that fit the toolkit under the seat handy.

Welcome to the circus....I mean forum.

Got my first Guzzi this past weekend, a 2004 Coppa Italia.  Also have a Honda Interceptor. 

Looking for suggestions as to what to expect---love the sound (titanium exhausts) and the looks.  Ridnig Hondas I'm not used to vibration, which isn't too bad, but are there simple mods to reduce the vibrations?

80401[/snapback]

jeeeeeeezzz

You guys come waltzin' in here with your new Coppa Italias....and Nero Corsas,,,Sheesh

Where's that green emoticon Japp?

errr....I mean ...welcome...be prepared to fall in love with a motorcycle.

There's a bunch of little niggles to check out...just hang around this board...

My handle bars are filled with bird shot or buck shot according to the previous owner.

Probably helps...never felt it was an issue. Good carb balance helps too I'm shure.

How to do anything and everything is right here somewhere and lots of friendly

assistance...lots of laughs too.

All we need now is spring!

...bla...

Dave Gilmore - 65 yr. old retired University Professor and self proclaimed "bike-a-holic"

79130[/snapback]

Alright.........THAT'S IT!!!! :!:

The average age on this forum goes high and higher.

I need Enzo back to here to have some puberal chit chat on this forum. Damn!!!

BTW Dave, Is that "bika-a holic" dangerous to us? :o

Guest dgilmore

BTW Dave, Is that "bika-a holic" dangerous to us? :o

80949[/snapback]

Highly contagious!!! Stay away, stay far away!! Even the wife has caught it, as she's up to three now. So many bikes, so little time.