free Pirelli Diablo Strada front tire

orangeokie

Oh Crap, I just installed a rear Strada this last weekend, but I can't find the damn receipt! <_>

EDIT found it!!!!

Now to read the fine print....

EDIT I hate giving my credit card, etc. out for crap like this, but it is a great offer and it does not look like a scam, right?!

EDIT Thanks OrangeOkie, I'll get it sent out today.

I know my dealer has a Parts Unlimited catalog, but I don't know if they are a parts unlimited dealer...

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have to buy the 180 size rear tire? My bike has a 170 rear tire.

82690[/snapback]

It doesn't make too much of a difference. I have a 180 on there now. It feels different but the front tire is also a little bit different size so I can't say which causes more issues. It doesn't turn in as quick as the Dragons did but the ride is smooth, straight and confident.

I don't recall this having been already posted, but click ad for details if interested:

sidebar_racetec.jpg

79856[/snapback]

Uh, yeah, I posted it about a week ago. [Can I get a redirect to the prior thread?]

:P

But, the deal is worth repeating!

:thumbsup:

Guest ratchethack
It doesn't make too much of a difference. I have a 180 on there now. It feels different but the front tire is also a little bit different size so I can't say which causes more issues.  It doesn't turn in as quick as the Dragons did but the ride is smooth, straight and confident.

82693[/snapback]

Gentlemen! May I humbly suggest that it makes quite a very large difference. A review of the many posts here on rear tire size may be in order. -_-

DeBen, if you've got a 180 on your stock-rimmed '00 Sport, you've become acquainted with the handling of a dairy cow. <_< The reason I know this, is that I have a riding Pal with the same bike, which he bought with a 180 on it, and switched to the proper size - it was a brand-new world. The good news here is that there's far superior factory-engineered handling in that chassis - but you'll ONLY discover it with a far better match of tire size!

The 4.5" rim on the '00 Sport was delivered from Mandello with 170/60's. This was a poorly advised "styling" move, and it sacrifices considerable handling compared to the proper 160/60, which has been highly acclaimed by many here (myself included) to be a far superior choice! Now, a 180 on this rim is like shoe-horning a size 10 foot into a size 8 shoe - which is, shall we say, more'n a bit of a problem on the dance floor... :bbblll:

Likewise, the 5.5" rim was delivered from Mandello with 180/60's. This was likewise a "styling" move, with the same kinds of handling compromises. The proper tire here is a 170/60, which has likewise been highly acclaimed here as a far better choice for handling! I've got another riding Pal with a LM who made this change, and he'll never go back! :whistle:

Do you have to buy the 180 size rear tire? My bike has a 170 rear tire.

82690[/snapback]

"The following steps must be completed to claim your free Diablo Strada Front Tire:

1. Purchase your Diablo Strada Rear Tire - 160, 170, 180 or 190 (You must retain your receipt)"

So, you can purchase a 170 Strada.

Unfortunately, the Metzeler deal has fewer tire size choices :(

You mean later thread?  :P

Orangeokie had you beat by over a week!

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7415&hl=

82742[/snapback]

Wow! That's bizarre; I never saw his thread come up until the day I posted to it! I only log in to v11LM with "look for new posts" & that was the first time Orangeokie's thread came up! That's weird...

But I defer to his priority, & still call for a redirect, only now to append the posts of the thread I started to this one. Thanks for the correction!

:mg: