Help! Need part...

felix42o

I guess I've toasted the generator (stator?) on my LeMans. (my fault, I wired in the replacement rectifier backwards, apparently took out the generator with it) :doh: Parts guy sez it'll cost every bit of $375 to replace with OEM. Any ideas?

:huh2:

Sorry to hear 'bout your electrical troubles. lt's the shits to have things go wrong when you're trying to :luigi: fix them. Why did you have to replace your rectifier in the first place?

Are there any other alternators that would fit our Guzzi's if they are a weak link??

Good luck and hope that you get you beautiful Tenni fixed soon :thumbsup:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

How did you test the alternator after the experiment gone wrong? You may have fried the new regulator, not the alternator. If the alternator is bad, http://www.electrosport.com/ can rewind it for you.

79894[/snapback]

Yep, I did fry the new rectifier, replaced with a new new one. Once I got the correct schematic and verified the wiring, still no charge. Started looking at the alternator. Read the resistance between the two yellow leads, read out at .3-.4 ohms, which the local guzzi guy said was spec. But then I read from lead to frame, and it reads resistance as well, which as I understand it is no buono. (shorted winds).

All this stems form an intermittent charging problem I've had since I got the bike.

Thanks for the info, I'll give these sites a shot.

I knew whats was wrong with your bike b4 I even read the thread.

Its a tenni.  :lol:

:ninja:

79960[/snapback]

Judging by the cost of replacements, I'd almost (almost, mind you) agree! But damn, does she look good sittin there static! :D

I'll post pics of the culprit rotor/stator as soon as I get my damn digital camera fixed. (electrical gods mad at me?) Pretty interesting damage.

This one is the same as Ducati Monster have.

Not more than 150,- Euro

79934[/snapback]

I looked at the ducati piece and, while it looked very similar, my guzzi piece has longer "fins" extending from it, which I believe have a bit of a cooling effect, stirring the air sort of. I think the Duc's rotor is partially in oil, too (??) as I remember so I wonder if there's a reliabilty issue there. Also, the price ($375) includes both rotor and stator, which doesn't sting as much. I might just replace them both while I've got it apart. Thanks for the help!

:bier:

Guest leo in saint louis
So, it is true that the factory sold all the V11 spares?

And also true that they were sold exclusively to HMB Guzzi?

80433[/snapback]

I'm very happy with the enduralast, but I don't think it fits the newer bikes. And its 429 or $479.00. the advantage for me is its 450 watts instead of 280 and reaches 450 at a much lower RPM

They can probably rewind your stator as can any alternator shop.

So, it is true that the factory sold all the V11 spares?

And also true that they were sold exclusively to HMB Guzzi?

80433[/snapback]

the factory normaly should keep enough spares for 10 years, legaly, I suppose they have that in stock.

What they did sell was all overstock or parts to build more new bikes.

And as far as I know only to hmb. Maybe someone else got something but keeps it very quiet:-)

Paul,

Based on my swingarm experience that you helped me with, I'd say HMB is a great outfit. We are all probably lucky to have them as a major source of parts. :thumbsup: