Buell smoked turn signal lenses

bigbikerrick

I stopped by my local harley dealer today, and after getting the agressive salesman off my back( the dumbass said hey we will give ya a great trade on that there BMW) I was on my v 11 sport, when I told him it was a 2003 moto guzzi, he scratched his head and said " they still make them?" I went to the parts dept. and ordered 4 smoked turn signal lenses for a buell blast. they were 2 bucks each! My question is... are amber bulbs readily available to fit our turn signals? as in the local auto parts store, or does the guzzi use special bulbs . Thanks. BTW I did like that new Dyna street bob with the 6 speed in black,but not enough to shell out 13K for a new one.

I stopped by my local harley dealer today, and after getting the agressive salesman off my back( the dumbass said hey we will give ya a great trade on that there BMW) I was on my v 11 sport, when I told him it was a 2003 moto guzzi, he scratched his head and said " they still make them?" I went to the parts dept. and ordered 4 smoked turn signal lenses for a buell blast. they were 2 bucks each! My question is... are amber bulbs readily available to fit our turn signals? as in the local auto parts store, or does the guzzi use special bulbs . Thanks. BTW I did like that new Dyna street bob with the 6 speed in black,but not enough to shell out 13K for a new one.

80289[/snapback]

The smoked lenses you bought should have an amber inner lense so you can use regular bulbs. The lenses I put on my 03 came from a firebolt I think and have a smoked outer lense with an amber inner lense (2 part setup). I would think if you end up needing an amber bulb any good NAPA autoparts store could fix you up.

waspp

True about the inner amber lenses. I think they were about $1.00 each.

I hurried home from the Harley dealer with mine, all excited. The lenses almost ended up costing $170 after the Trooper invited me to court. ohmy.gif

The amber pieces are separate. The lenses come as lenses only. On my bike, I left the clear bulbs in the front and put red bulbs in back. But, hey, what else can you do to improve the looks for under 10 bucks these days??

Carl

Thanks to all for the replys. I noticed from a buell blast the harley dealer had sitting out in his "lemon lot" that had a broken turnsignal, that there is an inner amber globe, but it seemed to be part of the baseplate that included the bulb socket so I just ordered the smoke colored outer lenses.

80289[/snapback]

The bulbs should be typical single filament #1156, (1156NA for amber). Less than a buck at any auto parts store. I'll check mine tonight to verify the number. Automotive bulbs do not resist vibration as well as cycle specific bulbs. So the trade off is long life or low price.

The bulbs should be typical single filament #1156, (1156NA for amber). Less than a buck at any auto parts store. I'll check mine tonight to verify the number. Automotive bulbs do not resist vibration as well as cycle specific bulbs. So the trade off is long life or low price.

80371[/snapback]

Sorry bad info. I looked at my signals, the bulbs are lower wattage and smaller size than the 1156. I believe they are #6006 Same base & socket but smaller, cooler bulb. I have not seen amber in this size but I'll see if they are out there.