VITTORIA!!!!!!!

Guest goffredo

Guest Steve_W
I wonder what model Moto Guzzi Andrew Cowell is riding?

The AHRMA site says it's a '96, and IIRC, Andrew Cowell rides Stan Friduss' Sport 1100. Stan is a Gainesville FL Guzzi dealer.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No lap times yet but I'm still looking.

I did find this.

Nice to see the factory acknowledge racing!! They seem to have remembered "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday"!

It is also interesting that they still advertise the MGS for sale. The local shop has been told that anyone can still order one from the factory if they don't mind a few monthes wait!!

It is also interesting that they still advertise the MGS for sale. The local shop has been told that anyone can still order one from the factory if they don't mind a few monthes wait!!

82008[/snapback]

yes. It's horribly tempting...

yes. It's horribly tempting...

well there are new ones in shops in europe. If you have money, you can get one. No waiting.

I don't have the money, that's easy. Still waiting for someone to crash one:-)

So I got myself a daytona RS today.

Guest goffredo
well there are new ones in shops in europe. If you have  money, you can get one. No waiting.

I don't have the money, that's easy. Still waiting for someone to crash one:-)

So I got myself a daytona RS today.

82027[/snapback]

Wow! Congratulation for the Daytona!

Regarding Gianfranco Guareschi race, does anyone know how to contact people who actually was at the race and want to share their views? We would like to have a report on our site: hpw the races went, times, how the MGS compared next to other bikes and stuff. We covered a lot of races across Europe on Anima Guzzista but could not make it to Daytona.

Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers,

G.

....So I got myself a daytona RS today.....

Paul, What's in a Daytona RS as opposed to a std Daytona?

KB :sun:

Great news about the win & to see MG still taking any interest in M/C sport.

Regarding Gianfranco Guareschi race, does anyone know how to contact people who actually was at the race and want to share their views?

82060[/snapback]

Moto Guareschi is their web site.

in Italiano...

e-mail is info@guareschimoto.it

I don't know if they will respond.

Guest goffredo
Moto Guareschi is their web site.

in Italiano...

e-mail is info@guareschimoto.it

I don't know if they will respond.

82175[/snapback]

Thanks. And thanks to Paul for giving me Ed email, and of course thanks to Ed of Guzzitech for sharing with us his experience at Daytona.

To all of you interested in Guzzi and sport bikes, we must ackowledge the brilliant commentary of CEO Daniele Bandiera who pinpointed how important is to keep the Moto Guzzi name associated with sport bikes and racing.

No, that does not necessarily mean that we'll se tomorrow the brand new rocket missile MGS-0999...

but that DOES mean indeed that the tide has turned in Mandello: the new management team will not content themselves with cruisers, customs and town bikes. It is not a naive dream anymore to wait for Moto Guzzi sport bikes on circuits and in catalogs.

G.

It is not a naive dream anymore to wait for Moto Guzzi sport bikes on circuits and in catalogs.

82405[/snapback]

wishful thinking or do you know something we don't ? ;)

jihem:)

Guest goffredo
wishful thinking or do you know something we don't ? ;)

jihem:)

82408[/snapback]

Nope. Just my hopes. Only this time they are backed up by evidence:

six months ago several freshly appointed managers were heard saying things like: no more Guzzi sport bikes, racing days are over, etc etc. Well, well... Now we have their boss saying that it is fundamental to have the Moto Guzzi name associated with racing. That's quite inspiring to me!

Again, anyone who knows racing knows that certain categories are far too expensive: nobody is seriously asking for Rossi on an MGS-02 tomorrow. But perhaps it is likely to see more of "behind the scenes" support by Guzzi to private teams in popular categories such as Protwins and, why not, to see some incursions of Moto Guzzi in renowned endurance races venues.

That's concerning the tracks.

Regarding the catalogs, again we all know that the "german" MGS-01 available for road usage, did not gone unnoticed in Mandello. I will not be surprised if next seasons Moto Guzzi range will have a bike like that one. Non necessarily that bike, not necessarily that engine, of course, I am referring only to the class of bike. I mean a Moto Guzzi road bike capable to stand with no inferiority complex next to the competition. We'll see.

In the meanwhile, I will be "forced" to enjoy my V11! :D

G.

Non necessarily that bike, not necessarily that engine, of course, I am referring only to the class of bike. I mean a Moto Guzzi road bike capable to stand with no inferiority complex next to the competition. We'll see.

82442[/snapback]

Goffredo,

In the wildguzzi list an italian, named guzzista put this:

Next week will be presented the new griso 850 (77 hp single spark square heads)

In Italy in guzzi forums some well informed guzzista is speaking about a new le mans with a radical new v twin engine that will be presented in mid summer (maybe based on the liquid cooled v twin piaggio protype engine)....

Ciao, Guzzista.

Does he know more or is he guessing? I know guzzi promised a sportive guzzi in the middle of the year.

Goffredo,

In the wildguzzi list an italian, named guzzista put this:

Does he know more or is he guessing? I know guzzi promised a sportive guzzi in the middle of the year.

82443[/snapback]

I love this speculating. And i agree, it's nice to be able to do that with a little evidence that it may happen.

That said, I do hope they don't jump right into the liquid cooled arena. I've got so many good choices in that genre' already. I'd much rather have a big bore air cooled twin ala the Buell. Sorry, but air cooled remains my preference, and Eric Buell (god bless him) is takin' a run at making a big bore air cooled twin competitive in FX. If Guzzi followed that path - a refined (lightened - more HP) MGS-01 I'd be ecstatic. Actually, I'd take the MGS-01 for the street just as it sits if I could get it licensed. The factory and race team gurus can do the racing number on it after the fact and race it FX - fine by me.

I know the old 4 valve is at the end of its life. I just hope the successor engine remains air cooled.