relocating fuel pump

bigbikerrick

having had a second episode of the mysterious "vapor lock" a couple days ago , Ive been thinking what do you folks think of the idea of mounting the fuel pump on TOP of the spine frame ,where the fuel filter currently sits, and mounting the filter elsewhere, possibly even using a smaller aftermarket filter?? would this work, or is that location up too high? It seems it would get the pump away from all that engine heat. I really would hate to put it in front of the bike as I like the clean ,uncluttered look of the front end. anybody got any ideas? :cheese:

81586[/snapback]

Not sure if the pics went through. Maybe this will help.

The white plastic thing behind the pump is a pvc end cap 3/4" used to protect my air sensor. It seemed vurnable to breaking since it no longer resides in the airbox. I drilled some holes in the pvc cap and used an original mounting hole and bolt. The air sensor is inside the cap. Also these pics are before I shorted the fuel hose from pump to filter. Also,not shown in this pic, I moved the pump mount bracket back to the rear mount hole to facilitate moving the pump 1" closer to the petcock so I could use the stock shielded fuel line. Any questions. Sorry the bike is so dirty. I would rather ride it than wash it!

Later

David