Suspension settings

Frenchbob

I'm going to start playing with the suspensions settings on my standard Sachs forks and rear [V11 Sport 2002], in preparation for the summer and two-up, laden running.

To save me some grief, can someone who has a record of useful settings let me know what they were?

Many thanks,

Bob

That's useful, Martin: thanks. My bike handles very well and I don't want to spoil it. Judging by what I've found, someone has already been at the suspension. However, I do have a pillion and luggage to carry this summer... so I shall be experimenting. Thanks again: I was hoping someone would have optimum settings at their finger-tips, or know where in the maze that is our archive to find them!

Bob, I've had good results using Graham from NZ's suspension settings along with Rich Maund's recomendation for 7w fork oil. Graham does a good job of explaining how to set the sag and what compression and rebound settings bring the best results. Have fun, Tom :rasta:

Bob, I've had good results using Graham from NZ's suspension settings along with Rich Maund's recomendation for 7w fork oil. Graham does a good job of explaining how to set the sag and what compression and rebound settings bring the best results. Have fun, Tom :rasta:

82152[/snapback]

Thanks for that, Tom. If I make any breakthroughs I'll get back! Meanwhile I now have some ideas to work with.