short break to eire

thgil

Hi everyone,going with a few mates to ireland and want to base ourselves at one town and ride out everyday.Any ideas about a good place to set base.Want to be on the southern/ western coast really and knowhere to touristy(despite what anyone says bikers aint tourists more travellers of the space time continuum),our ferry is from pembroke to rosslare.As always any advice on where to stay,go,see will be appriciated.

Hi everyone,going with a few mates to ireland and want to base ourselves at one town and ride out everyday.Any ideas about a good place to set base.Want to be on the southern/ western coast really and knowhere to touristy(despite what anyone says bikers aint tourists more travellers of the space time continuum),our ferry is from pembroke to rosslare.As always any advice on where to stay,go,see will be appriciated.

82108[/snapback]

When? As the Erin rally in June would obviously be an ideal starting point in that very location. Except there'll be tourists, like Guzzirider, there.

Except there'll be tourists, like Guzzirider, there.

82125[/snapback]

Yes I have my Pith helmet ready and my porters organised- and I do hope that those awfully quaint Irish people know how to make a proper cup of tea.

Taking my trusty Blunderbuss on safari to Erin- hope to bag some big game.

Wot wot

Lord Huddersfield

Taking my trusty Blunder Bus on safari to Erin

Put put

82135[/snapback]

You're bringing the Fatboy? I thought at least you'd do the decent thing and come on the pillion of some motorbike rider.

Somewhere like Bantry would be a good idea, but it's lovely anywhere down the south west. You should ask John O Sullivan on here, I hear he's he majority landowner in that area, but he wont tolerate smelly motorbikes in any of his castles. Soften up your suspension, the roads can be a wee bit bumpy at times.

:P

Its a Guzzi rally so will be on my V11- I think there around 15 of us making the trip from the Pennines- mostly arriving on the Thursday afternoon from Rosslare.

Will you be on your Scura or your new steed?- I heard a rumour it is a Tomos?

Guy :helmet:

When? As the Erin rally in June would obviously be an ideal starting point in that very location. Except there'll be tourists, like Guzzirider, there.

82125[/snapback]

The 17 of june whens the erin rally

I think there around 15 of us making the trip from the Pennines- mostly arriving on the Thursday afternoon from Rosslare.

82145[/snapback]

Crikey. What price is a ferry ticket to Scotland on...

If you book using the MCN saver thing you can usually get a return for about £40

82249[/snapback]

Didn't you read my other post on that BJ? Have you actually found it to be cheaper? Every time that I have tried it – 'the deal' has been more expensive. Maybe it works from the South. I found before that paying through the South in Euros gave a much better deal than paying from the North in Great British Pounds.