Guzzi Sport Exhaust

Guest Buddy

Guest dkgross

I've left the intake side completely stock at this point. I discussed it with the MI techs, and we all agreed that since the cans/computer combo was designed by Guzzi to be used with the stock airbox, we'd leave it alone for now.

of course, I've been reading about what ya'll have been doing.....Maybe when I get ready to do pistons and such, I'll look into it again.

thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...put on the Guzzi cans and computer, a Stucci x-over... What a HUGE difference. ...main impressive thing is how much smoother powercurve is. NO dips, flat spots, or sudden power peaks. Just a nice, linear smooth powerband, all the way up to redline. And lots more low end grunt. And I love the feel of de-acceleration as well...No jumps or spikes.

Sounds just what I want. Any idea how much is down to Stucchi x-over, how much to Ti cans/ECU? Anyone?

Thanks, KB, Cymru :sun:

Guest Steve_W

Note to Jaap: It's been awhile since I've posted, so here's my obligatory spring cleaning post. ;) It's even relevant!

Moto Guzzi showed up at the Honda Sport Touring Association annual rally in Charleston WV USA in June '03 with both a standard LeMans and a Rosso Corsa. The LeMans had the sport exhaust on it and sounded glorious. It was also louder than I'd personally care to operate on public roads every day. I've gotten really sensitive about loud motorcycles, since IMHO it's the one characteristic that most non-riders can identify about bikes, and they don't like it. [/soapbox]

Question: Every photo I've seen of the Coppa Italia has what appears to be the sport exhausts mounted. Are they using a quieter version or is MG just teasing us with what the Coppa can look like?

I've left the intake side completely stock at this point. I discussed it with the MI techs, and we all agreed that since the cans/computer combo was designed by Guzzi to be used with the stock airbox, we'd leave it alone for now.

of course, I've been reading about what ya'll have been doing.....Maybe when I get ready to do pistons and such, I'll look into it again.

thoughts?

I would agree Dave... knowing how you ride your bike daily as a commuter, and that you seem quite satisfied with the power, reliability, and current character of the bike.... I would let it lie for a while.

Introducing more variables such as airbox mods, etc... while fun, just increase the "tinker factor" and based upon your application doesn't seem like you want or need more tinkering, but in fact more riding :bike:

al

Guest dkgross

yeah..unlike most of ya'll, I'm NOT a tinkerer :luigi::not:

Luckily the weather has cleared in Seattle the past few days, and I've got another 400 miles on her. I really think I'm finally starting to feel that 'smoothness' thing ya'll talk about as the engine wears in more.

of course, I'm totally in love with the sound of the pipes, and the totally new feel to the throttle with the new ECU and map. It's really a totally different bike, especially in the 2k-4k rpm range.

as an aside...on one of my little jaunts today, I hit a right hand sweeper just a tad on the hot side, and totally didn't setup my line properly. When I realize I was drifting a little to left into to the center line, it seemed like slow motion....

I had that split second to decide to slow down..OR...

Remembering the last MSF class I took, I lifted my head a lot, and looked WAY further through the curve then I normally do...I pushed my left knee into the tank VERY hard (thinking to myself...NOW I get to see just how far this beeoch can lean...)...

The bike gladly obliged to the pressure from my knee, and just leaned right in, and took the extra throttle like a champ. I pulled thru the curve with an extra bit of momentum that I didn't know the bike was capable of :D

I think I've just had my FIRST taste of what this thing is REALLY CAPABLE OF... :mg: