new bike vstrom vs tiger

wheelsucker

I wish the new ST wasn't beaten with the ugly stick. I'd like them to redesign the daytona otherwise I like the Centennial edition. The speed 1050 is nice BUT just sitting on it the thing feels like a rail and very similar to a buell I must say.

84448[/snapback]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also, I've managed to ride a couple of speed triples, and don't find them at all uncomfortable. YMMV.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Also, I've managed to ride a couple of speed triples, and don't find them at all uncomfortable.  YMMV.

84504[/snapback]

how tall are you? buells and the NEW speed triples not the old ones. are tiny bikes. I look like a bohemouth on the things. My friends snicker when they see me drawn to them. like a woman trying to buy shoes too small for her feet I guess.

I've ridden both new and old ones, and they fit my 5'11" body well. One of the reasons I like the S3 is that it feels small and does the twisties quite nicely.

wondering if anyone has experience with the triumph tiger?  How'd you like it, are parts as hard to come by as with MG?  How's reliability?  I pretty much know what to expect with the VStrom 1000.

83722[/snapback]

Oh boy.

First off, congratulations on the news of becoming a dad.

Secondly, you might want to look at advrider.com, as this topic has been chronicled on a regular basis.

In any event, all reports are that Triumph really has it's act together, comes down to preference & your relationship with the dealer.