Front Stand

wambiker

Hi all, just a quick couple of pictures of an idea that may be useful to others. I had to change the front tyre on my v11 the other day and as I live in a terraced house and my maintenace is done in the street I have to put the bike on the pavement when using the track stand as my roads camber makes it too unstable otherwise. As I had to leave the bike for a while without a the front wheel fitted I was a bit worried about leaving it up on the trolley jack. So I made a quick stand out of some box and a piece of tube the axle would fit through easily. So once the wheel was out I just slide the axle back through the forks and stand let the jack down and everything is nice and solid. The pictures explain easier than words. If anyone wants more details give me a shout and I'll be happy to help.

stand2.jpgstand1.jpgstand3.jpgstand4.jpg

I,ve also include a picture of the track stand I cut up and modified with extra tubes and made to fit the guzzis swinging arm safetly.

Cheers Gary :bier:

:mg:

Very nice. Makes me seriously wish I could weld. You could even take it one step further and put some skis on it with a knobby tire at the rear and use it in snow. Just kidding. Really. :grin: