GRISO & BREVA 850

biesel

Dave, did you notice the bore/stroke figures? That thing is just going to LOVE to be revved!

84669[/snapback]

Yuck, it will be like an over weight shaft drive Ducati.

I like what Dynotec is doing with the Griso/Breva

I think this is the before(they must be measuring at the crank)

Moto Guzzi Breva / Griso Serie

max. 90 PS (66 kW) bei 7700/min

max. 89 Nm bei 5600/min

And this is the after:

Dynotec Guzzi Breva / Griso

Dynotec-Ventiltriebskit und Brennraumbearbeitung

max. 92 PS (67,5 kW) bei 7200/min

max. 100 Nm bei 5500/min

Note the magical 100Nm that is about as good as the magical 100HP at the crank number that I think Guzzi should pursue....but if they Guzzi can do 100Nm that would be good too.

this is all about tax (which in many european countries are calculated on cc's, hp's and weight) and insurance (850s will get appx half the insurance premium as 1100s in Norway!). Norway is one of the most expensive countries in Europe, but other countries use these types of calculation too.

As an example: start price for a Griso 1100 in Norway is 200.000 kroner = 25.000 Euros

The 850 is 149.000 = 18.200 Euros

Thats a considerable saving from shaving 250 ccs and some hps off. And as some people see it: when will I be able to use all those power anyway?

And then the insurance will be nearly half the price for the 850. I pay around 730 Euros a year, fully covered. My wifes 650 Laverda is 400 Euros a year. Had I been 25 with the same bike I would pay up tp 1600 euros a year!

So there you have it. Smaller bikes makes an easier and more economically sensible buy. To debate the moral of it is quite useless. MG thrives on bigger sales. The more bikes they sell, the faster the next superMG will arrive.

And Italy has always made smaller engine versions because of tax reasons. They even had a Ferrari 308 with a 2 litre V8 engine in the eighties (208 GTB).

Guest AdamofKC

Like many other posts have mentioned before, insurance is a big reason for the release of a small displacement bike. Also, some riders may want to go in steps upto their desired engine size. I do not have a problem going up to a larger displacement bike. My current bike is a 250, and I've ridden a Monster/Multistrada 620, Multistrada 1000 and a V11 Le Mans. The thing about those engine ranges is power vs insurance rates. I think the Breva 850 would be a great alternative to those bikes.

I, personally, think the Breva 850 looks absolutely beautiful, almost like a MV Agusta Brutale of similar color. It has what I want in the bike too. Power, low fuel consumption(in relation to the 1100), looks, shaft drive, long cruising range, lower cost(in relation to the 1100) and accessories to suit my needs, such as light touring.

I honestly can't wait to see if this bike makes it to the states, finances pending, I would be among the first people in line to put my money down for this bike. It has what I need, what I want and nothing any other brand could give me.

max. 90 PS (66 kW) bei 7700/min

max. 89 Nm bei 5600/min

And this is the after:

Dynotec Guzzi Breva / Griso

Dynotec-Ventiltriebskit und Brennraumbearbeitung

max. 92 PS (67,5 kW) bei 7200/min

max. 100 Nm bei 5500/min

84677[/snapback]

For those of us who only speak English here are some conversions.

66 kW - 88.5 hp

89 Nm - 66.4 lbft

67.5 kW - 90.5 hp

100 Nm - 73.6 lbft

They seem to have found a lot of torque that some people have noted as lacking in the Griso and Breva. No big change in horsepower but I suspect they may have those motors making power like they were meant to produce. I would like to know more about what they have done to the bikes.

so the Griso and breva 850 at 56 kw roughly translates to about 75hp. Though its not a lot of power, its plenty enough to get you in trouble and more than enough to be fun. I wouldn't mind seeing the 850 griso in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Il prezzo di questa naked italica? 10.590 Euro, un migliaio in meno rispetto alla 1.100, particolare che al momento dell’acquisto mi farebbe propendere per la sorellona…ma l’importante è poter scegliere.

Breva 850 is already for sale in Italy. Griso 850 will coming soon. Very soon........