PC (III) and Mac

Greg Field

I put a Power Commander on the Billy Bob yesterday, and now it seems to run even better. Billy has an X crossover and Mistral silencers, so I used a map Micha gave me for a bike with a cut airbox and Guzzi Ti mufflers. I'd like to play a bit with the map. Is there a patch or somethng that will allow me to do so on my computer, which is a Mac?

To help match the map, I also cut a 4x4 hole into just the top flat surface of the airbox. (I'm still using a paper filter 'cause I really distrust K&Ns.) Seemed to unplug it a bit, and really there's no increase in noise that I can detect. That is good. They're too loud with the whole top cut away or with the airbox eliminators. I think I'm gonna stop cutting now. If the stock opening plus the 4x4 opening I added doesn't flow enough air to supply everything the engine can suck in, I'll be very, very surprised. And I really hate ntake noise.

Finally I put on a new warranty-takeoff Coppa Italia tank. What a nasty job, draining gas, and swapping fuel pumps and fuel fillers. I fear I did my full yearly quota of environmental damage performing that job.

Nevertheless, it runs and looks like a brandnew Guzzi, and I now have $3,350 in it, so I'm very happy with that. Now, I just need to put on some miles to see if it's really a "keeper."

I put a Power Commander on the Billy Bob yesterday, and now it seems to run even better. Billy has an X crossover and Mistral silencers, so I used a map Micha gave me for a bike with a cut airbox and Guzzi Ti mufflers. I'd like to play a bit with the map. Is there a patch or somethng that will allow me to do so on my computer, which is a Mac?

Greg,

I think you'll have to spring for a PC emulator such as Virtual PC or similar to run the PC software. If your PCIII is not a USB version you'll also have to get a USB to (I think) serial port adaptor to run inside the emulator. It's what I've had to do but then again I have the PCIII for the '97-'99 V11 EV with the P8 brain box that Todd was selling which doesn't have USB so things have moved on a bit since then.

Graham

Thanks. We have PCs at work, so I'll just do my playing after hours there.

GF

84798[/snapback]

Are you going to ride the BB into the office and hook it up :bike:

Bettter turn the extract fans on first :grin::grin:

Graham