Finally the Buell arrived

Guest Nogbad

Nogbad --

One more thing:

Always warm the bike up for several minutes prior to taking off and -- most importantly -- NEVER blip the throttle or rev the motor until warmed up. Doing so could result in fouled plugs and -- unlike the V11 -- the 'Bolt's plugs are a bit tough to get at.

Just trying to stop this from occurring before one of the neighbors comes by and demands that you "crank her up so I can hear her."

v50

Nogbad --

One more thing:

Always warm the bike up for several minutes prior to taking off and -- most importantly -- NEVER blip the throttle or rev the motor until warmed up.  Doing so could result in fouled plugs and -- unlike the V11 -- the 'Bolt's plugs are a bit tough to get at.

Just trying to stop this from occurring before one of the neighbors comes by and demands that you "crank her up so I can hear her."

v50

85264[/snapback]

In _Chesham_ ??? He's going to get an ASBO (Antisocialbehaviour order) just for _owning_ it, never mind using....

8-)))

some bikes just CANNOT handle the cold I haven't ridden a buell yet, BUT I want too (probably this summer) along with a street bob. After that experience I might have even more love for the GS1200, BUT what I'm getting at is most bikes can't seem to handle cold, NONE I've seen can handle the cold like the V11, it starts up almost instantly (even when it was the dead of winter) heck with all the go juice its spraying in there(ya know the 30mpg) it should start right up. I wish more bikes had that kind of charm to them. If I'm at the coffee shop everyone has to sit there and jaw jack while their rice burners and cruiztourers warm up, not me, I'm gone. :bier:

Be sure to giv eus ride updates on this buell of yours. :bike:

some bikes just CANNOT handle the cold I haven't ridden a buell yet, BUT I want too (probably this summer) along with a street bob. After that experience I might have even more love for the GS1200, BUT what I'm getting at is most bikes can't seem to handle cold, NONE I've seen can handle the cold like the V11, it starts up almost instantly (even when it was the dead of winter) heck with all the go juice its spraying in there(ya know the 30mpg) it should start right up. I wish more bikes had that kind of charm to them. If I'm at the coffee shop everyone has to sit there and jaw jack while their rice burners and cruiztourers warm up, not me, I'm gone.  :bier:

Be sure to giv eus ride updates on this buell of yours.  :bike:

85576[/snapback]

I dunno. For me, the warmup of ANY vehicle (car, truck, motorbike) is key to the endurance of said vehicle. I NEVER ride away cold -- ALWAYS give ANY of my bikes a few minutes to warm up.

I think perhaps there's a solid reason they misbehave in the cold... -_-

Guest Nogbad
I dunno.  For me, the warmup of ANY vehicle (car, truck, motorbike) is key to the endurance of said vehicle.  I NEVER ride away cold -- ALWAYS give ANY of my bikes a few minutes to warm up.

I think perhaps there's a solid reason they misbehave in the cold... -_-

85609[/snapback]

You are right, last time I fired it up without touching the throttle, let it warm for a minute and then rode off. Perfect idle and no popping and banging. I wonder if it has anything to do with the closed loop FI. Maybe blipping as you start floods it and confuses the O2 sensor which then drives it too lean until it sorts itself out again.

Guest Nogbad
.... wheelie pics!!

85617[/snapback]

I've never learnt to wheelie and I'm a bit old for that sort of thing.

.... wheelie pics!!

85617[/snapback]

HeliJim --

I'm gonna back away from the wheelies -- for the moment. I really dislike changing out fork seals.

But, don't despair, I'm actually quite immature and will most likely delve into hardcore hooliganism as the weather heats up in the ATL. Seeing as how I just gifted the lovely redhead with a Nikon D200 -- and have given her free access to my substantial lens collection -- you can rest assured that any future two-wheeled stupidity will be well documented -- and in super high res.

Now, you'll have to excuse me while I play a round of Battleship with the neighbor's kid... :P

Sounds like you are enjoying the new experience so far!

I'm pleased for you! :thumbsup:

I agree about 5 speeds being enough TBH.

Hell, with a motor like that you probably only need 3 LOL :grin:

The FXRS Sport I had was a 5 speed and that only needed 2. ^_^

It is an alternative approach, and I hope the novelty doesn't wear off too soon. :P:

I have been tempted myself on a few occasions, but never weakened enough...

.......Yet! ;)

Nige. B)