easter pilgrimage

g.forrest

well i'm all packed and ready to roll in morning, off to the annual gathering of the old and rooted motorcycle club. a very exclusive bunch of riders who have gathered at the site for the last 16 years after the end of the australian grand prix at mount panorama bathurst where they all used to congregate each easter some having done so since the early 1960s. so it gives them a chance to get together. have a ride, have a laugh,tell and hear some good yarns lies and all and generaly have a good time around a camp fire. it's awsome to see some of these folk turn up on bikes and even dressed to the era. and as a new chum [my fifth year]

at 53 i get to feel like a youngin. though i first went to the bathurst motorcycle grand prix in 1968 and through to its end, i never new this group till recent years

and still have vivid memmories of some great feats of riding which i feel

fortunate to have been part of. such as the first one hundred mph lap by warren willing. and some of his great stousches with the late great greg hansford. it was our TT a genuine road course.

? whys this in quiz forum. :homer: guzzi content. doing ride down with 02 scura. and 04 titanium. :thumbsup:

a few pics from event. :thumbsup::grin: yes survived once again.first day good ride taking nearly all back roads only spoilt by riding in pissing down rain for near three hours becoming cold getting into evening. luckily room booked . hot shower dry clothes and across road to pub with open fire. excellent ride home in fine weather detouring to take in some of the better known bike roads following mountain ridges and rivers. the highlight to me was taking a section of bypassed old highway up over mountain. so two bikes/ three lanes/ good surface and not one other vehicle for its full length./ aprox 25 k . this was the ultimate. so 1600 k . three days riding, two drinking. what more could you want in life..

I think he was drinking. I see mo makings of a quiz. unless it is to see if he will survive his trip? I give'em 2 days.  :bier:

86008[/snapback]