cool surprise

Steve G.

Saturday I headed down to local big US bike shop Skagit Powersports in Burlington, Washington, checking prices on 'stuff'. This shop carries Ducati, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, and ............Moto Guzzi, although I'll consider them a passive dealership over the years, and currently just one machine from Mandello, a new Breva 1100 in red, I think the price at $12900us, sitting beside a Monster at $9900.

Anyways, a pleasant surprise as who was in attendance but 4 time roadrace champ Eddie Lawson! Very casual, with hardley any people, he had time to strike up conversations with many people, unlike the usual mob scenes guys like this attract. It was very different for him to walk up to us rather than the other way around. Very cool. This shop has a reputation for bringing in famous riders for their open houses. Last year the shop brought in former champ enduro legend Malcom Smith, and that was a total zoo, many, many people. And when Brad Lackey came in that was neat.

No Moto Guzzi stuff anywhere at this shop, and it sounds like the frustration is high at this shop with Piaggio as well. No parts availability at all.

Ciao, Steve G.

SOunds fun.

As for parts, there certainly is some availability. In the last two weeks, everything I have ordered has been in stock. I'm starting to be less pessimistic about "Piggio." For a while, they seemed even worse than Aprilia, and it takes uncommon dedication to sink to such horrible depths.

SOunds fun.

As for parts, there certainly is some availability. In the last two weeks, everything I have ordered has been in stock. I'm starting to be less pessimistic about "Piggio." For a while, they seemed even worse than Aprilia, and it takes uncommon dedication to sink to such horrible depths.

86389[/snapback]

I hope that feeling spreads to the Canadian dealers because so far the 'delivery' is not there!!