Anyone with a Part CD for a 2000 - V11 Sport

jsciullo

Guest geezerx

I just downloaded the files, Thank You.

Of course, I have a question: :homer:

The manual loads okay for me and the parts section also seems to work okay, but with one little inconsitency. When displaying a parts page that includes a small box with a wrench on it, I click on the wrench and get a message that indicates some sort of error and the linked file does not open. However, if I navigate to the folder in which that target htm file is stored and click on that file, it opens ok.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm using a mac and some things just don't like to work on a mac. :bbblll:

Bruce

Maybe something with acrobat setup? Because the parts list are pdf files with weblinks in it. In windows we can right click this link and see properties or "open in webbrowser". When I'm on this page:

D:v11cdgbv11css12.pdf, I click on the left link it opens :

D:v11cdgbv11cssv11_161a.htm, so in the same directory.

you have the files in the right place?

The parts manual will not link in Netscape Navigator if that's what you're using. It's optimized for IE. I'll be damned if I'll put another Microsoft product on my computer after IE launched a virus on to my system last year and erased 18 Gb of files. I'll just stick to launching the files manually. Too bad they saw fit to do the CD as a pdf combination. I understand the technical merit, but it is awkward if coded to not be cross platform compatible. Unprofessional too.

All I know is the IE launched and 2 seconds later my firewire disk had the header information in every single file corrupted! I don't run any Microsoft software later than Word 5.1a or Excel 3 because the later versions have hooks that the hackers use. Apple's installers put the damnable IE on every time you load a system though and it is really difficult to render IE impotent. I wasn't careful enough after a system upgrade and IE got onto my Mac. Microsoft products are by definition virus's because they engage in some pretty nasty practices including denial of service attacks disguised as Microsoft networking. Hence, I don't use their new stuff. Unfortunately, Netscape 7 on the Macintosh cannot do the PDF links. Must be a PC centric thing. If I had the money to buy some decryption software for the PDF files I would undo them and save the illustrations as something else. Not linked, but at least standard html code could access them without special system hooks. As it is, I just printed all of the illustration pages out. Now for the text pages. I don't have to boot a book and there is no computer in the garage.

PC's are fine. So are HD's. Both are good at what they do although they operate at the opposite ends of the cost performance curve. Guzzi's are like Macintoshes. You love the product and hate the company (Apple) or the distributor (Moto Guzzi North America).

Long live Linux!

Guest geezerx

Paul & Carl, Thanks for the input.

My folder structure is as defined in the tree.tiff. The pdf files and the weblinks that should be called are in the css folder.

I have the latest version of Acrobat Reader and the weblink plug-in is installed. Rooted through all the preferences and can find nothing amiss. However, this is the freebee version of Acrobat.

I've tried the various right click options with no luck.

My OS is the most recent upgrade of Jaguar. Both the Safari and IE browsers have failed (both being the most recent versions).

It must be the darn Mac. :bbblll:One more nail in the beast's coffin!

At least I have access to all the data. :thumbsup:

Guest Jaap

Jan Biesel made one PDF-file of all drawings. I can send it to you if you want. But there aren't any part#s on it.

I seem to recall looking at the Acrobat specifications after failing to get the PDF files to link and finding out that weblinks is a Windows service and not available on the Macintosh. I'll have to copy the CD contents to my iBook and boot up Yello Dog Linux and see if it works in Conqueror.

Guest geezerx

Carl, there is just too much I don't really understand about this stuff. Just found some information indicating that in OSX a pdf file cannot be opened in a browser. OK, I'm seeing the pdf files displayed outside of my browser and the feature that shows the part numbers mysteriously works ok. But not being in a browser window I guess explains why the weblink thingy does not work?? :huh2:

Time for my therapy :drink:

:notworthy:

Bruce