Taillight cleanup!

Guest geno929

Guest geno929
post-2386-1145801718_thumb.jpgpost-2386-1145801784_thumb.jpgpost-2386-1145801750_thumb.jpgSo I love my bike but think the rear needed a lot of cleanup. So I spent a few hours removing about 5 lbs. of plastic from the rear end. Used the stock taillight turned upside down and bolted the plate to the taillight mounting bolts. Had to drill two holes through the taillight and mounting facia to mount the light. Where I live turn indicators arn't necessary and the taillight has enough light to illuminate the plate. Not perfect, but it only took a few hours of thought and elbow grease!

Tail_2.jpgTail_3.jpgTail_1.jpgSo I love my bike but think the rear needed a lot of cleanup. So I spent a few hours removing about 5 lbs. of plastic from the rear end. Used the stock taillight turned upside down and bolted the plate to the taillight mounting bolts. Had to drill two holes through the taillight and mounting facia to mount the light. Where I live turn indicators arn't necessary and the taillight has enough light to illuminate the plate. Not perfect, but it only took a few hours of thought and elbow grease!

86995[/snapback]

I like the cleaner look thought about doing this kind of thing, but then I thought of how much and how frequently it rains around here and decided not to.

Hi is it just me, but when I click on the image all I get is the actual code note the image. This has happened a couple of times recently and other times and sites works completely normally. Any ideas or have I altered a setting without noticing it.

Cheers gary :bier:

Guest bshpilot

guess id be concerned that the tag is partially obstructed...seem like

an excuse for a cop to target/stop ya...

Guest geno929
guess id be concerned that the tag is partially obstructed...seem like

an excuse for a cop to target/stop ya...

87005[/snapback]

It really is nice to be living is such a great state as Missouri. Not only do we have great roads, but the police are not really concerned with the minor details of tag/taillight/etc. "Visable from 50ft. behind" is the law in Missouri. A lot of riders place their tag high up and on the inside of the fender. Good luck!

Hi is it just me, but when I click on the image all I get is the actual code note the image. This has happened a couple of times recently and other times and sites works completely normally. Any ideas or have I altered a setting without noticing it.

87003[/snapback]

Jaap is working on it. It is a problem with his server, or something like that. He's traveling at the moment, but said he would try to get it fixed when he gets back.

87003[/snapback]

Click on the image, when the page of garbage comes up, save that page to disk with a .jpg extension and then use the browser "Open File" menu item or a graphics program to look at it. It's the correct data - the server is using "index.php.html" as the file name and to a browswer, that's text.

Click on the image, when the page of garbage comes up, save that page to disk with a .jpg extension and then use the browser "Open File" menu item or a graphics program to look at it. It's the correct data - the server is using "index.php.html" as the file name and to a browswer, that's text.

87032[/snapback]

Or just use internet exploder.

PS great looking bike Geno!