new MG member

unspace

HI all, I’m new owner of 2004 Rosso Corsa. I wanted to get 2006 but it was discontinued. anyhow I found one near my area, the owner really took care of the bike and he also did most of the upgrades PCIII, Ferracci pipes etc. Since it’s my second bike, I did quite a bit of research before getting MG, my last two contender was MG Rosso Corsa and Duc Monster S2R 1000. I have been riding HD 1200cc sportster, which I still have in my garage. I wanted to fine a bike with good suspensions(HD suspension is horrible), stability for long distance and some mountain twisty capabilities. I did not want to buy a Japanese bike because the empty handling feel. First day on bike I did about 60 miles on highway and what a nice bike!!! I usually ride around 60mph but MG told me to go little faster :bike: I did slightly over 100mph, it was real nice with faring and it was really stable, I belive it's the Olins magic. I could enjoy power without having white knuckles(Japanese), sweet spot around 80mph. nice gentle vibration to communicate with motor and MG sounds amazing, it sounded almost like driving a convertible air cooled 911 between my knees. Aesthetically it’s one on the best design I could find. I have to thank many people on this forum for valuable information. Later, Rook.

HI all, I’m new owner of 2004 Rosso Corsa. I wanted to get 2006 but it was discontinued. anyhow I found one near my area, the owner really took care of the bike and he also did most of the upgrades PCIII, Ferracci pipes etc. Since it’s my second bike, I did quite a bit of research before getting MG, my last two contender was MG Rosso Corsa and Duc Monster S2R 1000. I have been riding HD 1200cc sportster, which I still have in my garage. I wanted to fine a bike with good suspensions(HD suspension is horrible), stability for long distance and some mountain twisty capabilities. I did not want to buy a Japanese bike because the empty handling feel. First day on bike I did about 60 miles on highway and what a nice bike!!! I usually ride around 60mph but MG told me to go little faster :bike: I did slightly over 100mph, it was real nice with faring and it was really stable, I belive it's the Olins magic. I could enjoy power without having white knuckles(Japanese), sweet spot around 80mph. nice gentle vibration to communicate with motor and MG sounds amazing, it sounded almost like driving a convertible air cooled 911 between my knees. Aesthetically it’s one on the best design I could find. I have to thank many people on this forum for valuable information. Later,  Rook.

87147[/snapback]

HeY !

I can't believe no one said hi!

Welcome to the club...jump right in...

Wait till you get that thing in it's natuarl enviroment...twisties and sweepers.

and...She'll walk all day at 80-90 on the slab....noooooo problem...

I think it likes it.

Welcome fellow New Yorker, and fellow Guzzist! It is a great ride, hope you continue to enjoy it and the time here on the board. We ought to get some of us northern east coast Guzzists together for ride/rally!

waspp

Guest randy

welcome along, Rook! IMHO you have the best of the best in the bestest color (let me know when you get tired of her!)- congratulations on an excellent choice :thumbsup:

i too, am just getting familiar with my new (just a lowly '02)LM. it's supposed to be a beautiful day tomorrow :race:

Welcome fellow New Yorker, and fellow Guzzist! It is a great ride, hope you continue to enjoy it and the time here on the board. We ought to get some of us northern east coast Guzzists together for ride/rally!

waspp

87265[/snapback]

Give a post when you want to go for a ride.  There are a couple of fellows in the area.  Bar Matchless is a good spot on mondays for Guzzisti who want a chin wag.

DW

87633[/snapback]

you can also drop by the Marcus dairy early sunday morns. Plenty of guzzi nuts there.

If you guys are looking for a Guzzi NY ride, count me in!!!

Dan

Thanks for all the greeting, I really enjoy this forum specially when I’m away from my bike. Last week I was down in Orland with my girl friend…I missed riding for whole week. This week I’m riding everyday after work, just trying to get to know Guzzi. Guzzi demands total focus on shifting and matching speed in almost every gear especially first three, is this due to PCIII? slip-ons or is it due to my habit of riding HD sporster’s lay back riding style, not worring about which gear it’s in? What ever it is this demand of synchronization with Guzzi makes riding more exciting and challenging, it feels good to get better and better on Guzzi. I can wait till I could make some time to ride Bear Mountain sometime soon. Bar matchless and Marcus dairy looks cool place to hang out, at last riding with HOGS is an option :thumbsup: .

Rook

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the greeting, I really enjoy this forum specially when I’m away from my bike. Last week I was down in Orland with my girl friend…I missed riding for whole week. This week I’m riding everyday after work, just trying to get to know Guzzi. Guzzi demands total focus on shifting and matching speed in almost every gear especially first three, is this due to PCIII? slip-ons or is it due to my habit of riding HD sporster’s lay back riding style,  not worring about which gear it’s in?  What ever it is this demand of synchronization with Guzzi makes riding more exciting and challenging, it feels good to get better and better on Guzzi. I can wait till I could make some time to ride Bear Mountain sometime soon.  Bar matchless and Marcus dairy looks cool place to hang out, at last riding with HOGS is an option  :thumbsup: .

Rook

88227[/snapback]

you think a guzzi is work? they might be heavy but for shifting and rev watchin. I guess I could see your idea of work coming from a harley, Try an R6 and then get back to me about work, heck almost any jap bike will seem ever so much more work than a goose. I think the goose is perfect in just enough you don't get bored but not so much your foot and wrist cramp up. :huh2:

Keep riding her hard. :thumbsup: