V11 Comparisons

Bigrider

Folks, after riding Beemers for 18 years, I'm looking at moving to a V11. I've checked the FAQ and didn't get the answer I was looking for. Is there a site where all thve various V11 models are compared? I'm intersted more in teh ergonomics. Which models have there handlebars/clipons located where, etc. Thanks for your help.

Dave H

San Antonio, TX

The V11 series are pretty much the same with regard to the foot position. However, Moto International does have a kit that gives you some more leg room. (I don't know weather thay still have some or not.)

Anyway, for a more agressive riding position, a V11 with clip on's will be what you want. If you prefer a more upright position, there are options, (aftermarket), that can address that, or a Billabio. Search this board. There is a comparo on the changes from year to year as far as stuff that does not involve ergos.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

The original V11 has clip ons and I think they're mounted below the triple clamp

The subsequent naked I'm not sure but I think they went above

The Lemans (all types) and Scura are clip ons mounted above the triple clamp

The Cafe Sport, Bilabio, Copa Italia have the flat bars mounted on stems on the triple clamp.

I don't know about the Rosso Mandello, I think clip ons below triple.

That covers all options, there are a whole host of different after market riser kits, and also foot peg conversions.

errors and omisions excepted

Folks, after riding Beemers for 18 years, I'm looking at moving to a V11.  I've checked the FAQ and didn't get the answer I was looking for.  Is there a site where all thve various V11 models are compared?  I'm intersted more in teh ergonomics.  Which models have there handlebars/clipons located where, etc.  Thanks for your help.

Dave H

San Antonio, TX

87505[/snapback]

l came to the Guzzi after a very happy assocciation with a mint 1982 R100S. The big difference is that almost intangible one of feel and character......the Guzzi V11 has that in loads!!

Martin has given you the basic breakdown of the differences in bars etc. which is typical of the freindly help you can expect on this site....enjoy your :mg: experiance !!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

l came to the Guzzi after a very happy assocciation with a mint 1982 R100S. The big difference is that almost intangible one of feel and character......the Guzzi V11 has that in loads!!

Martin has given you the basic breakdown of the differences in bars etc. which is typical of the freindly help you can expect on this site....enjoy your  :mg: experiance !!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

87602[/snapback]

Looks like it would a V11 would be some what unique in the San Antonio/Hill Country region of Tx. Went for a ride this weekend, lots of beemers, lots of other bikes...no MGs.

Dave H