Duc Monster fairing

Admin Jaap

Guest roadholder

Jaap,

do you have a pic of the fairing's type? Just to let me understand which one you mean

Guest roadholder
picture jaap? mounted on headlight?

88046[/snapback]

Damn, you faster than me Paul!!! :huh2:

Anything is possible with thought, determination, a dremel and maybe a bit of fibreglass and dural ;0)

Seriously, I reckon it shouldn't be too major a job to get it to fit.

A breeze compared to my last fairing project, I would think! :grin:

Nige. B)

Guest roadholder

As you can see from the pics I uploaded, only 4 bolts were retaining the fairing.

2 trought the fairing, the mounting bracet then the lamp.

2 trought turns signals then mounting bracet.

If the lamp's dia is the same and the offset of the hole is similar, then you wont have great problems for front bolts.

For the rear ones you could choose to attach indicators or not. By the way you could also decide to buy a Monster's headlamp support for an more easy job (I saw some on ebay around 15 Euros).

Anyway, at the begin of my Guzzismo I prepared some Guzzi using bits around, from other makes. At the end I was not satisfied, cause the bikes seemed to "loose" something. But yes..... where to find a nice headlamp fairing in Guzzi'z production?

This is my 2C.

fairing.gif

bracet.jpg

looks mounted on the headlight, but if it will go arround the dash? you have to try to see if it fits.

88056[/snapback]

I'm going to take the afternoon off (screw the customers! :bbblll: ) and visit the nearest Duc dealer for a fitting session. Maybe I have some exhaust work for them too.

It will fit. I have to make some new steel brackets, but that's easy. The one I'm going to buy is an original Ducati Performance fairing made out of aluminium. Very nice and goes well with the V11 style.

Guest Barnapkin

Hey! I have the ducati windscreen from the '98 monster. The new one is super flimsy. The clear plastic (top) does not go high enough for good wind deflection, so look into a 1st generation Suzuki 600 bandit windscreen to replace the top part of the ducati screen. It will give more protection that the stock piece. You just have to drill holes to align properly. You pick the angle.

On the V11, you lean forward more than on a monster, so the stock top part of the ducati windscreen might just work OK.

I've attached a pic (my wife @ track day). You get the idea.

Good luck

post-1559-1147309877_thumb.jpg