Buying a Rosso Mandello

Guest RACRX

Guest RACRX

Hello all,, Im looking at buying a Rosso Mandello bike with 11,000 miles on it.. The bike looks and sounds perfect. I know of the Moto Guzzi name,, but nothing of the bikes themselves. Is there anything i should look out for on this bike?? Any known issuses? Is 11,000 mikes anything to be concerned about?? Thanks in advance for any info shared with me on this great looking bike!!

Is it the one on Ebay? If so its not a "numbered" one. Also the one on Ebay appears to have the flaking engine paint. My Rosso Mandello has almost 11k miles on it & runs as well as new or better. Price ranges are probably $8000 tops for a very low mile very clean bike. I wouldnt pay more than $5500 for the one on Ebay right now. I think from watching Ebay auctions & CycleTrader the range on a v11 is between 5 & 8k depending on miles & condition. Whatever you do end up paying the Rosso is a good bike imo.

Guest RACRX

Thanks,, Richard.. Its not the one on epay.. A local dealer took it on a trade,,I cant find any blemishes on the bike,, and he has the service records for it. Its number 110.

Guest ratchethack
Hello all,, Im looking at buying a Rosso Mandello bike with 11,000 miles on it.. The bike looks and sounds perfect. I know of the Moto Guzzi name,, but nothing of the bikes themselves. Is there anything i should look out for on this bike?? Any known issuses? Is 11,000 mikes anything to be concerned about?? Thanks in advance for any info shared with me on this great looking bike!!

Say RACRX, I hope you get y'er RM, and if you do, by all means, be sure to hang out on this here Forum, it's a great way to get y'erself past the learning curve in a hurry and with a RM, it'd be y'er #1 life-line to all things Guzzi! ^_^

One thing though. As a "newbie", you might want to consider changing y'er "handle". You'd have no way of knowing this, but a semi-regular Forum contributor, long-time AMA racer, promoter, Guzzisti Extraordinaire, Dyno-Jet Rep, co-founder of GuzziTech.com, and all-round great guy Todd Eagan uses the handle "Racer-X". :o

Probably many -- or at least one for sure not quite paying close attention (me) -- opened y'er post expecting that Todd was lookin' fer a RM.... :homer:

Good luck!

a semi-regular Forum contributor, long-time AMA racer, promoter, Guzzisti Extraordinaire, Dyno-Jet Rep, co-founder of GuzziTech.com, and all-round great guy Todd Eagan uses the handle "Racer-X". :o

88081[/snapback]

Wow, and all this time, I thought he was Speeds' long-lost brother, Rex :D

RM's had the peeling engine case, and the trans recall.

None had the con-rod recall.

That paint is the "hounds huevos" in the sun.

Dosen't the RM have the dreaded single plate clutch?

88089[/snapback]

I think the failures have all been Scura not the RM or Tenni,. I don't know if they're the same part number or not, but it would appear to be a bad batch used on (some of) the Scura. I could be wrong of course. But the way Jim wheelies his RM, I would have thought, if it was inherently week it would have failed.

Guest rosso mandello
True...I've only seen the ExplodeO clutch mentioned on the Scura.

And only 2 (3?)  of them...in the whole wide world

I'll quit spreading ugly rumors...  :whistle:

88195[/snapback]

The clutch om the ROSSO MANDELLO is an german made RAM clutch, no problems.

The Italian aftermade on the SCURA is the problem

warm it up gently and ride it hard,

ciao

The clutch om the ROSSO MANDELLO is an german made RAM clutch, no problems.

The Italian aftermade on the SCURA is the problem

warm it up gently and ride it hard,

ciao

88221[/snapback]

now I really wish I would have found a rosso. :angry:

ah well mine rides good too. I can always paint it. :grin:

Well,,,Number 110 is now mine! I hope she serves me well. Beautiful bike!!

88186[/snapback]

Congratulations, A nice bike indeed. Enjoy. You're allready about half way to complete break in. It'll just get better.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry