Lil help with the crome dome

DeBenGuzzi

I've been looking for the Suomy XL Moto Gozzi flip up helmet and I found one in italy but I haven't found others, My dealer said they aren't DOT approved yet, Which I just find funny because I would think euro standards to be higher than DOT, but whatever. Anyone know of a place that has'em that might ship it discretely to an American? or know of one near you that I could pay for you to get and send me? anyone? :huh2:

:xmas:

Dealer said try the germans, but I don't specken de deutch. :huh:

Moto_20Guzzi_20Helmet_20f.jpg

I've been looking for the Suomy XL Moto Gozzi flip up helmet and I found one in italy but I haven't found others, My dealer said they aren't DOT approved yet, Which I just find funny because I would think euro standards to be higher than DOT, but whatever. Anyone know of a place that has'em that might ship it discretely to an American?

88392[/snapback]

What about the place you found it? Dealers don't care whether or not it's DOT approved; that's your problem should you decide to try wearing it out on the road! [Hint: you're not going to get pulled over, 'cause how many cops bother to pull over the just-plain-stoopid-beanie-wearin' RUBs? They won't even conceive of a non-DOT full-face modular! ;) ]

Good lookin' bit of kit; have you tried on similar Suomys here to be certain it'll fit?

Best o' luck...

:mg:

DeBen -

Suomy's have a HIGHLY UNUSUAL fit. TRY ONE ON in your size before purchase, or you could be unpleasantly surprised.

Nothing against Suomy -- they're stunning -- but they just didn't fit my head shape at all.

Caveat Emptor...

V

DeBen -

Suomy's have a HIGHLY UNUSUAL fit.  TRY ONE ON in your size before purchase, or you could be unpleasantly surprised.

Nothing against Suomy -- they're stunning -- but they just didn't fit my head shape at all.

Caveat Emptor...

V

88439[/snapback]

I agree. More than any other manufacture, Suomi requires a perfect fit, or the pressure points will drive you nuts because of their firm padding.

Ciao, Steve G.

that sucks. they the dealer told me they can't get any suomy modulars in till next year. haven't been approved. The dealer I found in italy told me to bugger off :huh2: I'd like to try on a suomy but I have yet to see a local place that has'em and I've been all over. :wacko:

I broke down and bought one. I hope to GOD it fits alright. But the nolan I have didn't fit too well at first and I just powered through and now its perfect BUT all the paint is coming off its 5 years old and has technically been in an accident, 2 if you count it saving my buddys face from a 4wheelers handle bars. (somewhat long story) Anyway now I can ride in style. Just need the MG XXL jacket if I can ever find one. :huh2:

Tried max moto?

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/moto_guzzi_breva_helmet.shtml

Looks like the one you are after... a bit pricey, but if it is the one you want... it's the one you want! :helmet:

Plus they say for an extra 15 they ship to the US.

Here is the MG race jacket -- says available in XXL

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/moto_guzzi_race_jacket.shtml

Tried max moto?

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/moto_guzzi_breva_helmet.shtml

Looks like the one you are after... a bit pricey, but if it is the one you want... it's the one you want!  :helmet:

Plus they say for an extra 15 they ship to the US.

Here is the MG race jacket -- says available in XXL

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/moto_guzzi_race_jacket.shtml

88555[/snapback]

I got it from MaxMoto, and yeah. pricey but with only 3 options and 1 telling me to piss off another 50 pounds sterling more I went for maxmoto. Wish me luck I'll let all you clowns know how about the fit and finish,

PS I do want the Guzzi jacket I just don't want to pay for it right now, I'm getting my bike dyno tuned I just chaged all the oil and now this helmet I'm about maxing out my bike budget and its only may. :huh2:

Guest Barrett82

MPH Cycle can get you the jacket.

Just got one in XXL couple weeks ago from them. Took a week.

It's Nice

I got it from MaxMoto, and yeah. pricey but with only 3 options and 1 telling me to piss off another 50 pounds sterling more I went for maxmoto. Wish me luck I'll let all you clowns know how about the fit and finish,

PS I do want the Guzzi jacket I just don't want to pay for it right now, I'm getting my bike dyno tuned I just chaged all the oil and now this helmet I'm about maxing out my bike budget and its only may.  :huh2:

88562[/snapback]