front end wobble

thgil

My front end seems to be twitching(fnarr fnarr) it never on my old tires but have new metz with about 10000 on them.The tire pressures are correct but i think that the stearing dampener has been messed with?I have no idea how to set the front end dampner up i am lost and confused.My kids moan at me everyday so does my boss,my bank manager likes to call me at least once a week to tell me how much i am in debt.My X wife (no kids) likes to call me up and reminds me of how much the house we bought together is worth!And to top it all off my new wife(i say new but its a lie i've known her for years)is up the duff.I hate my life.Thank GOD for my guzzi.

I saw a thread on here a few months ago where someone was complaining about a "loose" front end and it turned out their front axle retaining nut was loose. :2c:

My front end seems to be twitching(fnarr fnarr) it never on my old tires but have new metz with about 10000 on them...

Tyres have a different profiles - sharper sports profile will go over/turn quicker (front feels more twitchy). You mean 1k not 10? What pressures? which tyres now? before?

KB :sun:

Sorry you're having problems. Been there.

Front tyre pressure should be 2.2 bar solo.

I run my 2002 Sport front end with damper set undamped, lower adjusting nut [on top of forks] set at 5 turns out [out of possible 15] from fully screwed in; upper adjusting nuts [smaller ones] 3 turns out [possible 6] from fully scewed in. I weigh 85kg. Set up like this, I can "feel" the bike, but it's stable.

On the top nut, the factory setting as standard according to my 2005 handbook is 3 turns out, on the bottom nut 7.5 turns out.

The bottom nut is for hydraulic damping and the top nut for spring pre-load.

If you want to tighten the steering up, screw the steering damper clockwise, to loosen it screw anti-clockwise.