Fast By Ferracci oversize valves

Guzzirider

I am making enquiries with FBF in Italy about buying some oversize valves for my V11 (40mm exhaust and 47mm intake).

I will be ordering a set for a friend too- anyone else in the UK like to join in? I am happy to order a few extra sets for serious buyers.

Guy :helmet:

I am making enquiries with FBF in Italy about buying some oversize valves for my V11 (40mm exhaust and 47mm intake).

I will be ordering a set for a friend too- anyone else in the UK like to join in? I am happy to order a few extra sets for serious buyers.

Guy  :helmet:

88482[/snapback]

how hard to install? :huh:

Beyond the limits of my knowledge and equipment. I am taking the heads to Hobbsport to get the valves fitted and heads flowed.

FBF came back to me last night (how fast is that for Italy!). Said they would be able to do me a deal and will let me know a price today.

In view of the popularity of FBF airbox conversions, silencers, high comp pistons etc I wonder whether it will be worth trying to get a discount arranged for any V11lemans.com members?

I'll have a go.

Guest ratchethack

But, but........everyone automatically "knows" that bigger is always "better", Greg! :grin:

Ya gotta wonder what Guzzi was thinking when they didn't go even "bigger" on valves to start with! :huh2::lol:

Beyond the limits of my knowledge and equipment. I am taking the heads to Hobbsport to get the valves fitted and heads flowed.

the "...and flowed" is the key part of your statement! From what's been posted here & elsewhere, the size of the valves isn't the bottleneck for engine breathing in the Guzzi big block.

In view of the popularity of FBF airbox conversions, silencers, high comp pistons etc I wonder whether it will be worth trying to get a discount arranged for any V11lemans.com members?

I'll have a go.

Guy  :helmet:

88586[/snapback]

Excellent idea! Best of luck to you [& all the rest of us on v11LM, since if you succeed, we'll all benefit, to varying degrees!]

Good news- price has come down from 60 euros each plus taxes to 33.60 euros each including taxes so I am confirming my order tonight.

I love this haggling game!

Will broach the subject of getting a forum discount in my email tonight.