Replacement Forks

Guest nathan

Guest nathan

Hello, well I purchased vrats 2000 V11, here in Colorado. Yup the one he laid down, and got the frame straitend. I'm in the process of dissection and repair where he left off/gave up.

So everything is in order minus a couple of electrical issues, frame looks good, engine runs great(valves need ajusted).

Heres where I need help, I looked and read the post that vrat put up for repalcing the shocks and triple tree, I'm not overly interested in the forum political hierarchy. Although I do respect it. And having met and delt with vrat he's a good guy, just the engineer type. :nerd:

I need to find out :

1. Are there any DIRECT replacement forks and triple trees (ducati 2000 monster...) besides new marzz., WP's? I read the post where vrat was looking and one of the posters eluded to the fact that ducati older bikes front ends work.?? Anyone with more info.? There is a bike scrap yard local that has a ducati and short of me going there with my caliper, I thought I would ask the all-knowing fourm members.

2. Are there any members that care to sell me a good/great set of used triple trees and forks off a 2000 v11?

Thanks in advance and for the badass fourm for these awsome bikes.

Nathan

I seen a guy with a Suzuki front end on his Moto Guzzi. If your pretty mechnically inclined you can probably make it far better than it was new. It wouldnt surprise me if Ducati Monster forks would fit, but check it out.

Guest nathan

nice a suzi front end on a guzzi. but I really am looking for somthing more direct fit. I am rather mechanical BUT I would much rather be riding :bike: than spending my time fitting/making fit a front end on my guzzi.

Nathan

Guest ratchethack

Nathan, just a few words of caution here. When you change forks on any motorcycle, the engineering waters get very deep very quickly. There are very few "simple" replacement fork swaps. Altering fork and therefore entire chassis geometries is a complex undertaking and not for the uninitiated. At the front end alone, such measurements as rake, trail, caster, offset, length, etc. are all interrelated. When you make a change to one, it changes others... Then there's the effect that each has on the rest of the chassis....There's very little commonality between mfgr's., or even between models by the same mfgr.

IMHO, outside of factory engineering or a racing crew, those who really know what they're doing when specifying fork geometry are few and far between. Many's the time a novice has naively embarked on a "science project without end" here with many unacceptable consequences on the road....

I'm just suggesting that it would likely be far simpler, less costly, and far more satisfactory for you - all things considered - to go with an OEM replacement fork. -_-

BAA, TJM, & YMMV :luigi:

I've got a set of stock forks if you're interested. They used to be Mike Stewarts and he had them re-valved. He'd have to chime in an tell you the specs and we'd have to dicker over what they're worth if you're interested.

I seen a guy with a Suzuki front end on his Moto Guzzi. If your pretty mechnically inclined you can probably make it far better than it was new. It wouldnt surprise me if Ducati Monster forks would fit, but check it out.

88680[/snapback]

Monster forks are shorter as are most other bikes forks. The v11 has forks that are a bit longer than most other bikes so that should be your first concern if shopping for an alternative fork.

Guest nathan

Callison, yup I'm very interested. Are these just the forks, b/c I need the triple tree also. You in OK and me in CO shipping would be nice priced. Let me know the asking price you can come up with. Shoot me an e-mail nathan.feldman@colorado.edu.

Thanks Gentlemen.

Nathan

I've got a set of stock forks if you're interested. They used to be Mike Stewarts and he had them re-valved. He'd have to chime in an tell you the specs and we'd have to dicker over what they're worth if you're interested.

88773[/snapback]

Don't you still have my LeMans forks too? ...or did those end up elsewhere?

al