Moto Morini Corsaro

Murray

Contiuning to toy with various idea's apparently these have been on sale for around 6 months can't find much on the web well not that my limited language skills allow me to understand. Anyone had any feed back good bad or indifferent on these things? have seen pictures of the "new" guzzi sport bike but I'm not sure at the moment after riding the Griso I don't think the motor is a good sports bike motor in the current market. Athough it has made massive steps forward genrally as a motor for a motorcycle.

Took the 1100 sport down the local drag strip the other night for giggles got down to around a 12.9 not too bad for a 12 year old bike thats done a fair bit of work. PITA to get off the line with the tall first terminal speed of 174kph and that incudes my woeful reaction time and using the clutch each gear change. Perhaps could get it down to 12.6/7 with better technique but I was only really curious it was fun but I would prefere bombing through some corners anyday.

Guest Nogbad
Not good for dykes :grin:

88918[/snapback]

Why should a woman's sexual orientation prevent her riding a Corsaro?

Thanks think I already some I had found some I hadn't what I was really after was some owner feedback kinda like this place rather than the factory press releases. Factories say all sorts of wonderful things about thier products which are not always grounded in reality. But yes 140 hp at 8500 and 90 ftlb's at 6700 engine by one of the gentlemen from Ferrari no Australian importer as far as I know so its all moot piont at the moment.

Jee man, it sound like you are disappointed about the reply of us, isn’t?

Really, I dunno much about Morini, it looks horny to me, and I, personally me, am very proud about what some Italians have done with this factory that was almost dead.

When I was a young guy, and beauty, I loved the Morini a lot, especially the Benelli 3 ½ four cylinders.

Sorry about this, I hope you can find some answer with more sense you have got here on this faulty forum.

ciao

Morini_20Corsaro_202.jpg

Guest Nogbad

One of the magazines in the UK nicknamed it the "Motrax" Morini because it looked like a bitza made of aftermarket parts. It didn't get really hammered in any review I saw, rather that there are a lot better and more "finished" bikes around for less money. Also other more mainstream bikes might break less often and have better customer support.

It isn't a real "Morini" anyway, just an exercise in badge engineering.

One of the magazines in the UK nicknamed it the "Motrax" Morini because it looked like a bitza made of aftermarket parts. It didn't get really hammered in any review I saw, rather that there are a lot better and more "finished" bikes around for less money. Also other more mainstream bikes might break less often and have better customer support.

It isn't a real "Morini" anyway, just an exercise in badge engineering.

89006[/snapback]

its not really sorted, with bad fuelling maps, bad detailing and such. but it also has got rave reviews (Perf. Bikes?) for its ferocious engine, which one journo felt was like being shot out of the barrell of rifle. he also stated that it had a lot of italian soul, good quality components and was very promising for a first run.

Myself, I like it. Its aggressive and badass in a way the Monster can never be.

Guest Nogbad
its not really sorted, with bad fuelling maps, bad detailing and such. but it also has got rave reviews (Perf. Bikes?) for its ferocious engine, which one journo felt was like being shot out of the barrell of rifle. he also stated that it had a lot of italian soul, good quality components and was very promising for a first run.

Myself, I like it. Its aggressive and badass in a way the Monster can never be.

89010[/snapback]

But do you like it enough to risk your money on a bike of unknown reliability and whose manufacturer could go tits up at any moment leaving you potentially without spares.....

they have one at a suzy dealer in saracusa. I through my leg over it for a few minuts to see what it would feel like (and cuase I figured I'd never have the chance again) The sitting position was nice and everything I could see had a good finish to it. If I get a chance I see if I can talk them into a test ride.

Z

But do you like it enough to risk your money on a bike of unknown reliability and whose manufacturer could go tits up at any moment leaving you potentially without spares.....

89011[/snapback]

No, I'll wait till second generation bikes. If they survive that long. But its in the shops up here already...

89011[/snapback]

Of course you never do that with a Guzzi!! I'm looking for something a bit different from my 1100 sport, I don't want to shell out a big bucket full of cash to get an 1100 sport with better fuel ecomony and a gearbox that changes gears and doesn't sound like the breached of the guns of Navarone slamming shut when it does. I already have a VOR530 with a motard wheel kit. The think about Italian bikes is they inspire the sort of entusiam that gets someone off thier rear and makes bits for them for a price. Yeah I'm not sure but the way they rave about the motor. I will procrastinate about this quiet a while before doing anything anyway so Guzzi has a chance to get me so does Morini if they ever import them here.

Guest Nogbad
Of course you never do that with a Guzzi!! I'm looking for something a bit different from my 1100 sport, I don't want to shell out a big bucket full of cash to get an 1100 sport with better fuel ecomony and a gearbox that changes gears and doesn't sound like the breached of the guns of Navarone slamming shut when it does. I already have a VOR530 with a motard wheel kit. The think about Italian bikes is they inspire the sort of entusiam that gets someone off thier rear and makes bits for them for a price. Yeah I'm not sure but the way they rave about the motor. I will procrastinate about this quiet a while  before doing anything anyway so Guzzi has a chance to get me so does Morini if they ever import them here.

89054[/snapback]

Well a Guzzi (obviously not Breva, Griso etc.) would still be a prospect even if Guzzi went tits up now because there is a world full of bikes to part out, aftermarket manufacturers and loads of spares stock from long production.

The Morini is not in the same ball park. There are few bikes and those are not really much more than partly developed prototypes.

The so called "Morini" is in my opinion a worse prospect than a Hesketh.

How some people on this site can slag BMWs as crap bikes and then in the next breath rave about some faked up Monster-TL1000-a-like from a backstreet shed in the skankiest economy in the western world escapes me.

Here's an idea: Instead of buying a Morini, make a pile of your savings, pour on barbecue fuel and light.