Moto Morini Corsaro

Murray

Guest ratchethack
The so called "Morini" is in my opinion a worse prospect than a Hesketh.

Could be, but the Hesketh has long been far deader, if not far longer dead..... :lol:

Guest ratchethack
hah Hackette! You can STILL buy one.

Well spank me silly over the keyboard I'm posting on! :wacko:

Who'd a-thunk it??? :o:huh:

I think innovation should be encouraged not dismissed. It was not that long ago that you either bought a Jap bike, a BMW, Guzzi or Harley. even Ducatis were nearly unobtainable for long periods.

Now we have KTM, Buell, reborn MV Agusta, MZ and Bimota, Benelli, Husqvarna, Sachs and Victory all available on the High Street. Not all to everybody's taste but at least you have a lot more choice now.

The truth is that there are no longer any really "bad" bikes like Heskeths or chocolate camchain VF750s- just different bikes to suit different tastes and I wish Morini all the best, even though its not my particular cup of tea (I like weird flavours).

Guy :helmet:

Guest Nogbad

The truth is that there are no longer any really "bad" bikes like Heskeths ......

Guy  :helmet:

89076[/snapback]

What! How dare you! If I had £12000 spare I would be riding around on a Hesketh right now!

Well a Guzzi (obviously not Breva, Griso etc.) would still be a prospect even if Guzzi went tits up now because there is a world full of bikes to part out, aftermarket manufacturers and loads of spares stock from long production.

The Morini is not in the same ball park. There are few bikes and those are not really much more than partly developed prototypes.

The so called "Morini" is in my opinion a worse prospect than a Hesketh.

How some people on this site can slag BMWs as crap bikes and then in the next breath rave about some faked up Monster-TL1000-a-like from a backstreet shed in the skankiest economy in the western world escapes me.

Here's an idea: Instead of buying a Morini, make a pile of your savings, pour on barbecue fuel and light.

89066[/snapback]

Like I said before, every forum needs a scapegoat to feed off of, to be active, much like an ale yeast to sugered water. BMW is the scapegoat of this forum, and that's cool, I understand. Understand that, and we will happily rip into the brand and laugh, and I will laugh as well. Also understand that I own one, and can understand some of the slag, as they are overrated by the snooty nose crowd. The old pushrod airheads however will outlast a Moto Guzzi engine by a small margin given the same level of abuse. The BMW engine however does offer little in the way of character and emotional feedback that a Guzzi v-twin offers.

As for the new Morini, let it be said that whether it is a competant, reliable, and well backed up machine, or a pile of crap, it will never be a real Morini. Just as I call a new Triumph a Hinckley Triumph, and a new [but I understand now defunct] Norton a Dreer Norton, and the second generation Laverda a Zane Laverda, this bike will never be a Moto Morini, but will be potentially competant rebadged Morini, or Morini 2.

Someone nailed it before. "Badge engineering"!!

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Nogbad

:stupid:

So, there we have it.

Inference: The Hesketh is at least honest. And I still think it's a better bike than the Morony.....