Bar end removal?

Guest Patrick Nichols

Guest Patrick Nichols

I have a 2000 V11 and was going to take the bar ends off, and can't find a hex bolt in the hole. all I see is what looks like rubber or an o-ring. I'm assuming they are stock. any ideas on removal? I tried putting cloth over the end and using a channel lock plier but it didn't seem to budge it.

I have a 2000 V11 and was going to take the bar ends off, and can't find a hex bolt in the hole. all I see is what looks like rubber or an o-ring. I'm assuming they are stock. any ideas on removal? I tried putting cloth over the end and using a channel lock plier but it didn't seem to budge it.

89107[/snapback]

are you sure those are stock? the stock bar ends on the 2000 are threaded in and it takes a big hex to undo'em see if there is some way to stick something in there and unscrew'em, otherwise they might be aftermarket and may just yank out :huh2:

post a pic, only then can you get a true answer. :thumbsup:

Don't make me ride out there. :lol:

The rubber tip pops out- it's just a plug in an allen head- 5 or 6 mm.

edit- the rubber tip I'm talking about is at the end...er the nipple on the teat, to borrow a different thread running here.

also, use a strap wrench, no channel locks, so you don't mar the surface.

Guest Patrick Nichols

I'll try yanking. I'm trying to switch the clip-on bracket to the opposite side to take advantage of the few degrees on lift of the clip-ons for more comfort. I've read about this by someone on the forum. I bought my bike from a guy in the Twin Cities. I live out in the country outside of Madison. It is prime riding country, and your welcome anytime to drop by. Patrick :)

Guest ratchethack

Patrick, I have the same Guzzi as yourself. Are you referring to the stock clip-ons? Mine aren't remotely close to switchable side-to-side. :huh2:

You may or may not be aware that the stock clip-ons have a 3-position angle adjustment beneath the triple clamp. I find the narrowest included angle perfect for my needs.

BAA, TJM & YMMV